{ 8 | Faith }

Feeling his hand around mind, I let my nerves calm down. Looking out at the beach, I saw that this party was already in full swing. Everyone was having fun, not having a care in the world. I wanted to be one of them. I deserved to be one of them. Colton pulled me towards them.

"Ashwood! About time!" A tall dark skinned guy called out. He had brown eyes and brown hair. He had a pearly white smile and seemed like someone you wanted to be friends with. I felt Colton pull me into his side. I smiled up at his friends. "Who is this?"

"This is Faith. She's going to hangout with us tonight." Colton said. I could feel his gaze on me. I could feel the butterflies start to flutter in my stomach. Why was my body responding to him like this? The moment he slipped his hand into mine, I couldn't stop thinking about him. How did I manage to get the hottest guy on campus to agree to hangout with me? It just doesn't make sense.

"What do you guys wanna drink?" Colton's friend asked.

"I'll get them. Just stay with Faith." Colton replied before turning to look at me. "I'll be right back."

"Okay." I said. I felt Colton's hand let go of mine, making me instantly miss his warmth. I turned towards his friends. They were all looking at me curiously. "Hi."

"I'm Wes by the way. These are the guys from the team." His friend said. So, that's what his name is.

"Oh, you guys all play soccer with Colton and Justin." I stated. They all nodded.

"You know Justin?" Wes asked. I nodded.

"He's my best friend's cousin." I said. Wes then smirked.

"So you're the girl Colton ditched me for on Sunday." I felt my cheeks redden. Flashbacks of the library came back.

"Do you wanna maybe dance?" One of the other guys asked. I shook my head. Colton said not to go with anyone I didn't know. "Aww come on."

"Dude, this is Colton's girl." Wes said. I felt my insides turn to mush. Was I really Colton's girl? Are we more than friends? Is that why he brought me here? All those thoughts erased as he came back to the group.

"Here you go." Colton said handing me a beer bottle.

"Thanks." I said unscrewing the lid of the bottle. I took a swig, grimacing. "I now remember why I don't party."

"Well that's about to change. Come on, let's dance." He told me. I laughed, forgetting my previous thoughts. He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the group of people dancing. They were all jumping and turning. Laughter was mixed in with the music.

"So they're a weird bunch of people." I said as we danced. I had one hand holding the beer and the other was slightly waving it in the air. I moved my hips side to side, letting the beat guide me. This was the one thing I enjoyed about being pulled to Nick's parties. Alyson and I would dance the night away.

"I agree. We're all so different yet we're all alike." He said. He was gazing down at me, making my cheeks tint again. Was I always going to blush with him nearby? I turned away from his gaze.

"So this is your typical scene?" I asked. I looked around and saw people I had only seen on social media. Most were in my classes but they had never showed up more than once or twice. They're always out, living life.