{ 18 | Faith }

When I was little, I always wanted to be a princess. I wanted what they had. I wanted the perfect hair. The perfect makeup. The perfect clothes. The perfect life where everyone loved and adored you. I wanted to be as happy as them. For a long time, I thought I was, at least up until about a year ago.

My life did seem perfect I had an amazing best friend. I excelled in school, with amazing grades. I had a great job so i'd be able to go to college. I even loved working at the coffee shop: meeting new people and learning new drinks. I had a mom who loved me unconditionally, despite the fact that my dad was nonexistent. I was happy with how my life was going, but I always wanted that special someone to share it with. And then, he happened.

I was blinded by the so called word love. I was obsessed and would do anything for him. I didn't realize how messed up our relationship was until it was too late. Everything in my life went down the drain. My happy life was gone and all that was left was a very sad, disappointed girl. One that wished she could rewind time and forget everything that happened. I was a mess and I wanted an out.

So, I packed up my life, saying goodbye to everyone and everything, and moved to Stanford. I finally had the chance to forget and be happy, to start all over. But, I wasn't happy. I was afraid he would find me and make my life miserable. I got into a rut, ignoring reality. I'd go to school, do homework, and stay in my dorm. I didn't want to socialize, risking him seeing me. I was afraid of what he would do if he came back into my life. But as the days continued to go by, I met Colton.

Waking up that morning and going downstairs to read was supposed to be just another ordinary day for me. I wasn't supposed to bring attention to me or make any friends. I was supposed to sit in the corner and read, wishing my life was like the one in the book.

I never thought that i'd be in the position that I am now. I assumed Nick would be still somewhere in Alabama, forgetting about me. I assumed I would still be the shy girl with only one friend. But, i'm not. I'm finally learning how to live and be happy, and it's all thanks to my boyfriend Colton.

God, it's so weird think that I, Faith Baxter, have a boyfriend. I really did think that Nick was going to be the last guy I ever dated. I'm happy, no, ecstatic that he isn't. Colton actually makes me happy. He makes me want to be adventurous and try new things. He brings a smile to my face with his amazing blue eyes and his sultry smirk. He makes me want to wake up everyday. He taught me how to live.

-

"So, what are we doing this weekend?" Colton asked me. I shrugged. I just had homework planned. I didn't look up from my laptop, but I felt his stare on me. I giggled. "Wow. Okay. Ignore your handsome boyfriend?"

"Who? Zac Efron?" I joked. I looked up and saw that he was playfully glaring. I let out a laugh. I loved joking around with him. "I'm kidding."

"You better be." He said before frowning. I went back to typing. I had an English essay to write before studying for my math exam. I swear homework never diminishes. "But for reals babe, what are we doing this weekend?"

"Homework." I said in a suggestive tone. He only gave me a blank stare. Somehow he manages to excel in school without putting in the work. It makes no sense to me. I have to devote hours of my day to retain any information. It's not fair.

"Faith, that is not our fate." He said. I rolled my eyes. I wish I could say I was getting annoyed by that line, but I don't think i'd ever.

"Then I don't know Colton." I said. I shrugged. My phone then began to vibrate uncontrollably. I picked it up and saw that it was Aly. "Hello?"

"Who is it?" Colton asked. I shushed him before focusing on the call.

"Hey Faith. You busy?" Aly asked. I looked at my to do list, seeing multiple things still needing to be done.

"No, what's up?" I asked. She then let out a sigh.

"It's Justin." She replied.

"What's wrong with Justin?" I asked. Colton's ears perked up. "I'm going to put you on speaker. Colton here is being nosy."

"Yeah. Yeah. Y'all are attached at the hip these days anyway." She joked. I rolled my eyes. I clicked on my screen, putting her on speaker.

"So, what's wrong with Kershaw?" Colton asked.

"I don't really know. He seems more bummy then usual. He was happy a few days ago and suddenly he's like depressed or something." Aly explained. I looked at Colton. He seemed deep in thought.

"It's his birthday in a few weeks. Let's throw him a party and invite his dad. I'm sure he misses him." Colton suggested.

"Oh my god. How could I forget?! He did mention his dad wasn't responding to any of his messages. I'm sure the pressure of the playoffs are getting to Uncle Clayton! I'm so stupid." Aly added. I nodded in understanding. I knew some baseball. It was nearing the end of October, so baseball season was ending soon.

"Then we're throwing him a banger. Make sure his dad is invited." Colton said.

"Better yet Ashwood. Let's fly Justin to see him. I'm sure I can swing a few things. Gosh, i'm so excited. Thanks. I'll call you later!" Aly said in a rush before hanging up.

"That girl can talk a mile a minute." Colton said chuckling.

"So, a party? That was your best idea?" I asked. Colton shrugged.

"We'll be in California for the end of October. It'll be fun." He said with a shrug. "It'll be like a mini fall break."

"Dang. It's already going to be November. It feels like just yesterday I was moving into my dorm." I said in awe. It was about to be three months since the move. I'm still surprised I even left Alabama.

"Time goes by fast when you're living like a college student." He teased. I rolled my eyes and went back to focusing on my paper. "Faith."

"Hm." I said not bothering to look up. I was on my third body paragraph and I was on a roll. I'd be done with this paper in no time.

"I know what we're doing this weekend." He stated. I continued to type, paying attention to half his words.

"What's that?" I asked. I deleted my sentence, feeling like it wasn't as descriptive as I liked. Maybe I spoke too soon. I wanted this paper to be perfect.

"We're going on our first official date." He said. I stopped typing. We had been together for a few weeks now and still hadn't gone out on a proper date. Last time, our friends interrupted us. Speaking of, haven't see Wes in a few days.

"When?" I asked him. I felt my heart skip a few beats. I was now super excited for the weekend.

"Saturday night. I promise it'll be the best night of your life." He said with a smirk. I smiled, feeling my heart soar. This boy is amazing.

"I'll hold you to that Ashwood." I said. He smiled, showing his perfect teeth.

"I promise it will be. It'll be the best first date of your life." He said. In that moment, I knew that he was right. My life may not have been perfect and my life might have been a disaster before meeting him, but he has shown me the good things in life. Maybe leaving Alabama was the best choice I have ever made.

~~~~~~~
Super super short filler, but come on, I haven't posted in almost a month & it's driving me insane not updating. I just finished taking my last final & now I get to devote my life to this book. I promise the next chapter will be even longer!!!
xoxo,
Liv814