{ 12 | Faith }

My brain was panicking. I didn't know what to wear nor did I know what we were doing. He texted me earlier and said he was taking me out on our first date. I was more than surprised to see he messaged me but even more confused as to how he got my number. I never even gave it to Wes.

I looked down at my phone and saw that he would be here soon. I took a deep breath, trying to get my racing heart to slow down. I wasn't even sure why I was going crazy for this date. I don't even like Wes like that. I didn't have a crush on him either. But, yet, I wanted to enjoy it. For all I know, Wes could potentially be a great guy.

"Ugh." I groaned. I quickly chose a strapless sundress and a jean jacket. I slipped on some sandals and called it a day. I quickly applied some lip balm and mascara to my lashes. Thankfully, I had straightened my brown locks earlier that day. Once done, I heard knocking at my door.

"Coming!" I shouted. I grabbed my phone, keys, and purse. I reached for the doorknob, opening the door.

"Hey!" Wes said as he smiled. He was sporting jeans and a button up with some Vans.

"Hi Wes." I said as I stepped out of my room.

"I'm actually surprised you're going through with this." He said as we began walking down the hall. I raised an eyebrow.

"Did you want me to cancel?" I asked him. He had pressed the elevator button, having the doors open. We stepped inside.

"No, but I swear I would have thought you'd be drooling over Colt." Wes said. I groaned.

"Why does everyone assume I like him? He's a playboy jerk." I defended. Wes chuckled.

"I know we're going on a date, but I promise you Colton isn't that bad. He's a good person who doesn't really realize how stupid he is." Wes stated. I shrugged. Thoughts of the previous weekend invaded my brain. I had this weird feeling of regret.

Should I have kissed him? Was I supposed to call him? Did he even like me? Am I stupid for even thinking I had a chance. Actually, yes. I told myself no boys this first year and yet, here I am, thinking about one guy as i'm about to go on a date with the other.

"Earth to Faith." Wes said. I blinked a few times and saw that the elevator doors had opened. We stepped out. The lobby was quiet empty, which was normal since it was Friday night.

"Sorry, I guess I spaced. So what are we doing tonight?" I asked. We walked out into the cool air. The sun was beginning to set. The sky filled with blue's and pink's, making for a beautiful sunset.

"We are going to the pier." Wes said. He then began to walk towards the parking garage.

"We have a pier?" I asked. I sped up my steps, wanting to stay near him.

"Yeah! It's kind of like Santa Monica, with the mini fair." Wes said. He walked through cars until stopping at a white Audi. "This is Penelope."

"You have a car and you named it?" I asked. I didn't even have a car at home, much less have one here.

"Yeah. Don't you have one?" Wes asked. He unlocked the car, getting into the driver's seat. I frowned. Was he not going to be a gentleman and open mine? I then opened the door and got in too.

"No. I don't even have my license." I told him. He turned the key, roaring the car to life. He then backed out of his spot, driving towards the main road.

"Dang girl. This car is my baby." He said. I laughed. The car ride to the pier wasn't awkward. It was filled with his obnoxious singing. I was giggling the entire time. Wes cannot sing the high notes. "We're here."