{ 7 | Colton }

As Friday rolled around, I felt excited. I was taking Faith out. I was surprised she agreed to me teaching her how to be a real college student. And no, that's not the whole studying and getting good grades part. She needs to learn how to have fun and live life with no regrets.

After she agreed, lunch went smoothly. We ate and I was able to learn a few things about her. She was from a small town in Alabama, where everyone knew your business. She was an only child with a single mom and never got to really enjoy being a teen. She worked since she was fifteen so she'd be able to get into college. Oh, and she loved chocolate.

I then walked her back to her dorm. Justin had a class and Alyson had a study group. It was like fate. God, I need to stop using that line. It was getting old.

"Thanks for walking me back Colton. You didn't have to do that." She said softly. She was going back to being that shy girl.

"Babe, stop that. First thing i'm going to teach you is to be confident. Don't hide. You're much too pretty to be doing that." I told her. Her cheeks then began to heat up. I chuckled. "Anyway, our first adventure is Friday."

"What's Friday?" She asked. I gasped.

"The annual bonfire?" I asked. She shook her head. "Oh, Faith. There's a bonfire at the beach and it's just this big huge party. It starts at six and then the bonfire starts at seven. So, i'll pick you up around six. I'm taking you to your first party."

"Actually, this wouldn't be my first party." She said. Her cheeks brightened even more. I frowned. "I was forced to go to them in high school. My ex was the life of them."

"I'm going to assume you don't have fond memories of them?" I asked. She shook her head. Sadness was evident in her eyes.

"Anything involving Nick is a memory I don't like and wish to erase." She said softly. She looked down at the floor. I felt my heart crack as I took her appearance in. I sighed. Before I knew it, I was pulling her into my chest. Encircling my arms around her waist. Her body felt fragile. I hated it. Whatever this Nick guy did, I was going to fix. She didn't deserve this.

"Baby girl, I promise that you are going to have fun. All those old memories will soon disappear as we make new ones. Okay!" I said to her. She nodded. She then pushed off me.

"Thank you Colton. Thank you for everything." She said. She wiped away a few tears. "I promise that I will give you a clean slate. I don't want my past interfering with my future. It's why I moved away."

"Alright babe. Well I have to go do some homework. I'll text you." I said. She nodded, giggling. I frowned. "What?"

"You might need my number." She said in a teasing tone. I rolled my eyes.

"Right, can I have it? I tried asking yesterday at the library." She rolled her eyes, handing me her phone. I handed her mine. I inserted my number and took a selfie for my contact picture. "So photogenic."

"When your blessed with this face, what can I say?" I joked. She rolled her eyes and handed me my phone back. "No picture?"

"Not right now. I look like a mess." She said. I shook my head.

"You look beautiful." I said softly. I tucked a loose hair behind her ear. I felt her suck in a breath as my hand touched her cheek. "You're beautiful."

I started to lean in, having this desire to close the distance between us. Her eyes fluttered shut as I moved my face closer to hers. my hand stayed on her cheek. I closed my own eyes, nearing her lips.