{ 29 | Colton }

The game room had every video game imaginable. There were black couches lined up in front of the tv with bean bags spread around the room. A pool table and ping pong table were behind the couch. Sports memorabilia was hung around. A small bar was lined up against the back wall. The only thing it was missing was the stash of actual games. I don't doubt they're stored somewhere in the room.

"Dude, this place is awesome." I said letting myself fall onto the couch. Zac, Krissy and Blake's oldest son nodded in agreement. I had met their kids last night during dinner. Zac was going to NYU and the twins, Mandy and Kate were seniors at the local high school. So, I was smack in the middle of the age groups. We got along well.

"Mario Kart?" Kate asked. She was sitting rather close to me. Since I met her, she had been stuck to me like glue. Ignoring her flirting, she was actually really cool.

"Let's do it." I said getting up. I walked to the game console stand and grabbed a remote. Zac tossed the twins their own.

"Explain why you're here again?" Zac asked. I sighed. When he asked me earlier, I just told him that I wasn't able to go home because of the snow.

"I have an evil mom." I stated. Miranda, or Mandy, gave me a startled look. She hadn't heard the story yet. She was the quiet one of the three. Book nerd just like my Faith. God, I missed her. I cannot wait until I can finally go see her and explain myself to her.

"I think you should probably be more specific." Kate suggested. Mandy nodded. Zac paused the game.

"I'm sure you two know that I come from a very wealthy family." I said. The girls nodded. Their mom told me they were in love with me a couple of years ago. "Well, I got into Stanford for soccer. My mom didn't take the news very well when I told her I didn't want to take over the company. So with the help of my dad, we convinced her to let me to go to school."

"Why is she evil?" Kate asked. I chuckled.

"Kate, let him finish his story." Mandy whispered.

"The first few months were cool. I mostly just went to parties and soccer practice. Nothing really changed from how I acted in high school." I said.

"Then he met the love of his life." Zac said in a very high pitched voice. I rolled my eyes. He was talking to some girl last night and asked if I had a girlfriend.

"I met my girlfriend Faith. She is kind of like you Mandy. She rather be in the library than at a party. She changed me and I guess my mom didn't like that. She threatened to cut me off if I stayed with her and didn't come here to run the company." I said, trying to prevent the anger from resurfacing.

"So, you are in New York to run the company?" Kate asked. I shook my head.

"At first, I was but then I met your mom on the plane ride here. She convinced me to not let my mom decide my actions. So, I managed to convince my mom to at least meet Faith before she makes me give her up." I finished. The girls nodded.

"So what is she like?" Mandy asked. I chuckled.

"She's the most beautiful person I have ever met. Makes me want to be better." I said imagining her. God, I missed her so much. I wasn't able to leave yet because it hadn't stopped snowing. I hoped that by this weekend I would finally be able go go home. Plus, I had midterms next week. Even if I don't get her back, I need to at least pass midterms.

"You really love her." Kate stated. I could hear the disappointment in her voice.

"I do. I really do." I replied. And, I actually meant it.

-

I woke up feeling amazing. I had no clue why, but I felt as if something good was going to happen. It was now Friday and I had spent most of the week moping around. It still kept snowing, ruining my mood as soon as I woke up. According to the weather man on channel 7, it was supposed to be sunny today. I really hoped he wasn't lying.