{ 30 | Faith }

The quietness was beginning to irk me. Looking up from my textbook, I saw that everyone else had their nose in their own book. I let my head hit the book with a loud thump. I could feel the stares. Probably not my best idea.

"Faith, are you alright?" I heard Aly's voice laced with concern. Nodding, not lifting my head off the book. "We need a break."

"For once, I am fine with that." I said looking up. I shut my textbook and finally felt my body relax. Midterms were kicking my butt, way more then I ever thought they could. I had been studying nonstop the last week and I was nowhere near ready.

"Coffee or lunch?" Aly asked. I looked at my phone and saw messages from Colton, Justin, and Wes. I ignored the messages for a second and saw it was near 3 p.m.

"Lunch." I said as my stomach grumbled. I packed my bag, feeling the heaviness from the books I was forcing myself to carry. Aly did the same. Together, we left the library.

People instantly fled to our abandoned table. I hated that the only reason people were using the library right now was because it was midterms. They would disappear as soon as they were done, leaving my beloved building.

"We should go to chick-fil-a." She suggested. I nodded, finally reading my messages. Wes was asking me for ideas on what to get Aly for Christmas. Justin was asking if he could come study with us. Whoops. I probably should have seen that one earlier. "Faith?"

"Huh?" I asked, looking up. Aly was watching as Colton ran through campus. He was running straight at us. He seemed worried. "Are you okay?"

"Faith! I have been looking everywhere for you." Colton said through his heavy breaths. I smiled sheepishly, remembering I forgot to check his messages.

"My phone was on silent. We were studying at the library." I told him honestly. I slid my phone into my back pocket of my jeans, hugging my coat closer to my body. "What's up?"

"So you haven't read any of my texts?" Colton asked. I shook my head.

"Sorry to interject, but can we walk to lunch?" Aly asked. I nodded, feeling my stomach grumble once again. I was craving fries.

"Colton, what's wrong?" I asked. I finally took in his appearance. He was wearing black joggers and a white long sleeve. His hair was disheveled and i'm sure it was from the run he had.

"We need to go shopping." He stated. I looked at Aly who was now watching us intently. We hadn't moved from the spot we had stopped at.

"For?" I asked. I began to walk, wanting food in my stomach more than ever. I was now craving the waffle fries with some chick-fil-a sauce.

"We leave Saturday morning to New York. We get there during the evening and we are going straight to the Tyler's. We aren't shopping in New York City." Colton explained. I still stared at him as if he had four heads.

"What do we need to shop for?" I asked. I did not have the allowance for that. I was barely going to get by for this semester. Which reminds me, I need to look for a job on campus.

"Clothes. We need clothes that my mom will like." He finally said. That made more sense now.

"I have my first midterm tomorrow." I said. I had one Wednesday, two on Thursday and two more on Friday. I was swamped. At least my classes were having reviews yesterday and today. Yet, I still felt like I was going to fail. Why does no one tell you how much harder it is to get good grades than in high school?

"Fine. I'll push our flight to Sunday evening." Colton said. He began to type on his phone. "We can shop on Saturday and pack Sunday morning. We'll get to New York around one in the morning Monday."