{ 35 | Epilogue }

With a bright sun and little to no clouds, it was the happiest they had been. It was nearing summer, meaning their first year at Stanford was coming to an end. After months of hard work and many obstacles to overcome, they were finally going to have a chance of normalcy. Well, as normal as Colton could being an Ashwood and all.

Faith watched as her boyfriend raced down the field, an attempt to score his last goal of freshmen year. Justin ran along side him, attempting to block the defense. After a few kicks and assists from his teammates, Colton had a clear kick for the net. The ball went soaring passed the goalie, making the referee blow his whistle.

"Another goal for Stanford!" The announcer shouted. Faith and Aly jumped from their seats in the bleachers, feeling relieved. They were now up 4-1. The buzzer then sounded, signaling the end. "And Stanford wins!"

"That was honestly their best game!" Aly shouted as she hugged her best friend. Faith nodded. She had been to every game this spring, watching her boyfriend play the game he loved. "Let's go find them!"

The two girls made their way down the bleachers as the boys took off their gear. Colton felt exhausted, having put his all into that game. It was the last game he'd ever play with Justin. He was graduating tomorrow morning.

"This is sad." Wes stated as they took their cleats off for the last time this season. Colton nodded in agreement. He could remember being excited about starting his freshman year and now it was officially over. Where has the time gone?

"My college life has come to an end. Rather bittersweet." Justin mentioned. Colton was about to speak when he felt his other half was near. As cheesy as it sounded, things couldn't have been any better between Faith and him.

His mom was finally accepting Faith and being more lenient on forcing him to work for the company. He had to intern during the summer but at least he would have Faith with him. She would learn how the company ran. He was excited to spend their summer in New York.

Faith watched as her boyfriend relaxed. She knew that he could sense her. After flying to New York and dealing with Mrs. Ashwood, she finally felt like she found her purpose. Mrs. Ashwood was fond of the idea of having Faith intern during the summer. If Faith did end up marrying Colton, she would take over the company.

It took a lot of convincing, but Faith felt like Mrs. Ashwood was finally warming up to her. So, with her new found purpose, Faith finally was able to declare her major in business management.

At first, Faith wasn't sure, but the more she divulged into her spring semester, she felt like it was the right choice. Plus, she would finally have some acceptance with whom she hoped would become her future mother-in-law.

As crazy as it seemed when they were back in New York, a marriage with Colton didn't seem such a bad idea. Faith only hoped that they would grow even stronger the next few years. After all, they had been sort of engaged for the last 6 months. The promise ring was to promise they'd get engaged in the future and she only hoped they would.

Colton pulled his girlfriend into his lap, knowing she'd cringe at him for covering her with his sweat. But, he didn't care. He wanted to have the love of his life in his arms. It was the icing on top to such a great semester.

"You guys played amazing!" Aly complimented. Wes pulled her into his side, making her groan in disgust.

"One last party tonight?" Colton asked Justin. The rest of the group nodded. They'd all be going their separate ways this summer. Justin would go off and start his adult life. Wes would go home to his parents. Aly would go back to Alabama. Faith and Colton would go to New York for their internships.

"You know what, let's do it. I'm fucking graduating!" Justin smirked. The group widened their eyes at his word choice. "Let me have my fun. It's the last time i'll be in college."

"Oh cousin, you are going to be wasted quickly." Aly joked. Justin rolled his eyes, but didn't disagree. He hardly went to parties, much less drink. "So, we'll meet up in a couple of hours?"

"That works." Wes said kissing the side of his girl's cheek. Wes and Justin walked away towards the locker room. Aly waved before walking towards the bleachers. She'd wait for Faith to say bye to Colton.

"You played amazing." Faith said, looking at her boyfriend. She was mesmerized by his blue eyes. It was the first thing she noticed about him when they met in the lobby last semester. Well, the stench of sweat and alcohol, but this was more romantic.

"You're amazing." Colton said with a grin. Faith rolled her eyes, enjoying his cheesiness. "I can't believe school is over."

"I know. It went by way too quick." Faith replied. She looked around at the place she called home. She was forever grateful for what her life has changed into.

"Crazy to think that I met you back in September. I feel like i've known you my whole life." Colton continued. He was crazy about this girl. He wouldn't change anything about her or their life. He knew he made the right choice about asking her to be his wife on Christmas day.

"Let's play a game tonight." Faith suggested. Colton eyed her carefully, unsure of what she was about to say. She was full of surprises. "Our first unofficial date was at the party. Let's pretend that tonight is our first date again."

"Babe, if you take off your dress in front of the guys, we're going to have to leave." He threatened. She rolled her eyes. A smile never leaving her lips.

"It's a party on the beach. I need to be in my swimsuit." Faith argued. Colton pouted. "Colton, I don't care what anyone else thinks. I only love you."

"And I love you." He said before closing the space between them. It was kind of an awkward position because Faith was still in his lap, but Colton quickly spun her around. She wrapped her arms around his neck, enjoying how their lips fit perfectly.

Leaving Alabama, she never thought she'd find herself. She much less thought she'd find a boy to fall in love with. But, being with Colton, she learned to live. She found her reason why.

Colton smiled as he pulled away. He was never going to get tired of kissing Faith. She was everything to him. Thinking back to that day in the lobby, his life had changed so much. Faith had made him a better man, one that his mother can finally count on. One that he was proud of.

Things may still be slightly rocky with his dad, especially since he's officially retired, but Colton knows they'll find their peace soon. As for his mom, they were finally getting along. He only had one person to thank and it was Faith. Faith had taught him so much. The one thing he'd never forget was that she taught him how to love.

Together, the two figured out what they needed to do to be the person they always thought they'd be. Colton realized that with love in his life, anything would be conquered. Faith figured out that you have to go out into the world and just forget about the past, making room for the future. She was excited for her future, after all, she had a Life with Colton.

The End.