{ 21 | Colton }

Love is a word I never thought i'd feel. But, looking at her, I just wanted to shout it from the rooftops. She was gorgeous and sassy, and everything in between. I loved her and I wanted, no, needed to tell her. I was going to make sure I did it somewhere special, where it was just her and I. This trip was definitely going to be one to remember. I was going to make sure of it.

She was bouncing in her seat as we waited to walk off the plane. I could tell she was excited to be here. I'm sure it was her first vacation in forever. She's told me that she didn't have much growing up, but she was content with what she did. The moment she told me, I vowed to give her the world.

Damn. I'm turning into a real sap. I'm pretty sure this is why I hated the word love. It makes you all romantic and crap. God, I am most definitely whipped now. Never in a million years did I think i'd be in love.

"Colton," I heard her say. She tugged on my arm, trying to prevent her smile from taking over her beautiful face. "I think it's our turn."

"It is." I said. I stood up and waited for the old guy to get up. He was a pest the entire ride even though it was only an hour. He was annoyed when Faith had to pee. I offered to switch seats but he then began to complain about being stuck in the corner. I swear elderly need to remember they were young once too.

"Can you help me grab my bag?" Faith asked. I nodded. I shuffled behind her and opened the compartment. I grabbed her bag which held her valuables.

"I'm so excited!" Alyson said as she walked into the aisle. Wes was scratching his eyes and Justin still had this sad look. Aly and I managed to convince Justin to get onto the plane. He had no clue where we were going, but i'm sure he knew now.

"It's just L. A." Justin said. He looked out the window.

"It's hot here, right?" Faith asked. Justin shrugged, making me roll my eyes. We were here for him and he was just being a Debby downer.

"It's like 70 degrees. What you're wearing should be fine." Alyson answered. Faith was wearing jeans and a light jacket. Even though we were still in California, the weather was different from here than school. We needed thicker coats there than here.

"What's the plan now?" Wes asked. We all turned to look at Alyson. She rolled her eyes.

"We go see Aunt Ellen. Then, we explore." Aly replied. We all nodded in understanding. We began to shuffle off the plane, walking into the airport. It was busier than I imagined. It was a Friday afternoon, so, I should have expected it to be packed.

"Alright. So, now what?" Faith asked me. I chuckled.

"Our bags are going to be this way." Justin said in a monotone voice. He began to walk in the opposite direction of us. I rolled my eyes again at his attitude.

"We need to find him a girl." I heard Wes say to Alyson. Aly nodded. I had to agree. Being in love with your best friend is amazing. Ugh. Here I go again with the romantic side of me I didn't know I had. I swear love makes you do crazy things.

"My bag!" Faith said. We had reached the baggage carousel. Many bags were going around as a crowd of people awaited the arrival of their own bag. I watched as Faith squeezed in between a group of guys in suits. They all glared at her petite body as she snuck in. She then reached for her black bag, pulling it off. She then managed to push her way through again, earning even more glares. I laughed. "They're so rude!"

"Babe, people in L. A. are usually rude." I said. She frowned.

"Why can't people be nice?" She asked rhetorically. I shrugged. It was a valid question that I don't think anyone had the answer to.