Chapter 1

Beep.... Beep.... Beep..... Beep.....

What is that beeping noise?

It's hard for me to open my eyes but I force them open. Where am I?

I look around, taking deep breaths as my anxiety kicks in. A lady walks in and drops the pan she was holding before running out of the room screaming 'He's awake!'

I was in a bed with cords attached to me. "Niall?" I hear someone say. I look at the person who walked in my room, "Who?" My voice cracks and is dry.

"I'll go get the doctor," she says and she grabs a clipboard. I'm frightened by the lady I don't know. Doctor? Was I at my doctors?

A guy walks in observing me over and how I react to things. Was he my doctor? He walks closer and I start freaking out.

"Calm down, Niall!" Who is this Niall person they keep saying?

"Why do people keep asking for this Niall person?" I cry out my voice is still dry.

"Do you remember anything?" I shake my head 'No'. He nods, "You are Niall and your 20 years old," he tells me.

_________________________

After a week at the hospital they told me I had to go. I didn't know a thing! Where would I go? I walk around looking, they gave me a jacket, cloths and shoes to wear. A nurse runs out to me, "Niall!" She shouts. I've learnt to answer to the name like it was natural.

"Yes?" I ask her when she catches up. "I'm Dr. Styles, I'm a nurse here. Here's my number if you ever need help getting back up on your feet," she says. I take it and stuff up the crippled paper in my pocket. "Thanks," I mumble and she smiles before leaving.

I walk for 3 miles. It was really cold, I could almost see my breath in the air. I start wondering how was I going to call Dr. Styles, if I ever needed help. Pay phone? Maybe.

As I start reaching around businesses it starts getting crowded, people seem to just move out of the way when I walk. Everything was so dark and gloomy, it was raining a little. I had on bright red skinny jeans with a white shirt and a red heart that was smiling. My hair was blonde but mostly brown and I noticed, before I left, I have bright blue eyes. I run my tongue along my teeth that had braces.

I run into a guy with coffee. "Shit," he muttered. I didn't mind because it made me feel warm, but I felt bad. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I say. I look up to be met by a guy with brown curly hair and emerald eyes.

"It's fine," he says through gritted teeth. "I'm late for the photo shoot and spilled my coffee on someone who will probably sue me." He says to himself hoping I don't hear.

I look at my grey jacket and it didn't look bad so I just walk away. He didn't have to feel bad because it made me feel warm.

I walk into the nearest library, there wasn't much people but it sure was warm. They had hot coffee out that was free and a warm fire place. I look at the big clock on the wall, 3:30 pm; the clock read.

I get me some coffee and I start going down rows upon rows of books to find the right one. Soon I stumble upon a book called 'Looking for Alaska'.

I take the book to a seat around the fire place and I start to read.

_________________________

"Umm excuse me, sir! My grandmother is locking up! Could you please leave?" A brown headed girl said to me. She looked about 20 maybe.

"Right, of course." I had been at the library for 6 hours drinking coffee and reading book after book. I had finally warmed up but now it was time for me to leave the warmth.

"Do you happen to have a phone I could borrow?" I ask the girl. She nods pulling out a phone and handing it to me. I type in the number from the crumbled up paper.

"Hello? Dr. Styles here," says Dr. Styles.

"Uhh hi, Dr. Styles it's me. Umm Niall, you gave me your number. You see I'm at the library 4 miles away from the hospital and I have no where to stay. Could you maybe like come get me and let me stay with you?" I hear a pause.

I knew I shouldn't have asked.

"Of course, I'll be there in 20 minuets." A dead end and I hand the girl back her phone.