42 ✧ dabi

Dabi x Uke Male Reader
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Today was the dreaded day that was patiently awaiting for (y/n). His throat tightly constricting making it seem harder to swallow down the lump that was lodged in his throat. Taking deep breaths in order to calm his churning stomach, hoping that it would be enough so that his previous lunch wouldn't reappear.

(Y/n) knew that this day would eventually come to him sooner. But his naivety pushed away this reoccurring thought, instead of him emotionally preparing himself for this day. He devoted himself in wonderful false facades, that little part of him dreaming that this would eventually become more permanent.

A dry chuckle escaped him, knowing that it was his fault for even falling for the male. (Y/n) truly felt that he deserved this cruel punishment that was about to be given to him. The pain and heartbreak that he was purposely avoiding, heading towards him in big waves that intended to drown him.

(Y/n) let out a shaky exhale, stopping right in front of his own house. Already knowing that the male was inside the house waiting for him to arrive. His legs shaking underneath him, a small part of him thinking that they would give out the moment he decided to walk once again.

Gathering up all the pride that was left in him, (y/n) walked towards the now ominous looking house. His hands shaking, as he pulled out the keys to unlock the door. Taking (y/n) a few try's until he finally unlocked the door. The croaking of the door, heightening his anxiety as he slowly walked into his home. Scolding himself for a moment, that he actually thought that his home didn't feel like his home anymore.

Closing his (e/c) orbs, giving himself a couple moments of peace before he walked directly into the brewing storm. (Y/n)'s soft footsteps, suddenly echoing loudly in the eerily silent house. His breath hitching the moment his gaze came in contact with the male that was about to break him.

"I've been waiting for you." Dabi calmly said, sitting down on the couch as if he had no troubles in the world.

"I know."

Dabi eyes him, almost as if he was trying to figure out what (y/n) was feeling. "You know why I'm here then."

(Y/n) briefly closes his (e/c) eyes, mouth feeling dry all of a sudden. Numbly nodding his head in agreement. Finding it harder to speak out than anticipated. Opening his eyes, instantly feeling as if he was frowning from the intensity of Dani's eyes. The shade of blue hauntingly beautiful.

"It's to end our r-relationship." (Y/n)'s quiet voice broke towards the end. Deciding that his legs wouldn't be able to function any longer, he moved slowly to sit at the end of the couch. Feeling the male's body heat, making (y/n) squirm in his seat. Fingers anxiously twiddling with a loose strand of string from his shirt.

"We were never together." Dabi spoke, not caring how harsh his words were. Right they were never officially together. (Y/n) had hoped and dreamed that the male would confirm that they were together. But he never did rather it was more like friends with benefits. A purely toxic relationship, that (y/n) had guiltily loved.

"R-right." (Y/n) shakily said, biting his lower lip to prevent the sobs that wanted to rack his body. Hastily wiping away any tears that wanted to fall. Dabi can't help but see the smaller male from the corner of his eyes. Heart wrenching at the sight of the usual happy male now almost depressed.

Honestly it's not like Dabi didn't care about the male. It's that he cared too much to get (y/n) involved with all the dangerous things he does. He was being held back by his responsibilities and it would kill him if (y/n) had got caught in the crossfire for being with him. For that he wasn't going to be selfish and keep on seeing the male.

Dabi wasn't stupid either, from the beginning he had told (y/n) what he actually did. And had told him that what they had, wouldn't end up with them being in a relationship. He was actually surprised that (y/n) had still wanted to be with him. And for a time it slipped Dabi's mind that they weren't actually together because everything just felt right with (y/n). But soon enough reality comes crashing down.

Both males found themselves in an uncomfortable suffocating silence. Neither of them knowing what to say regarding their situation. "You know it was probably my fault for getting too attached to you," (y/n) softly said looking up at the male besides him. "We both knew that you would eventually leave me."

Dabi couldn't look away from the piercing watery (e/c) orbs that were looking at him. His body screaming at him to stop the male from crying and hurting but he wouldn't do it. He couldn't. (Y/n) watched an expression of concern and troubled flicker across the male's face. Almost as if he never meant to hurt him the way he's currently doing right now. But maybe that was just his own imagination trying to fool himself once again. As if Dabi actually still loved him when he never did.

"I mean we were bound to end one day. Just like you were bound to end it. I guess I had just hoped that maybe you would have possibly fallen in love with me and fought against this from ever happening." (Y/n) shakily said, finally not caring that his tears were falling down his face. Wanting to let the male know that he was suffering because of him and his actions.

"I just hope that where ever you are, you're well. I don't wish death on you nor a million heartbreaks or just loving someone that doesn't love you back because I'm not and don't want to be a bitter person because of this." (Y/n) said, giving the male a small pitifully smile. Knowing that what he said was true, he wanted Dabi to be happy even if it wasn't with him.

(Y/n)'s little heartfelt speech was almost enough to make Dabi take everything back and to commit with the male. Almost. But knowing that (y/n) would still get hurt was the little bit that needed him to fully end this. With nothing else to say, he stood up not looking down to see (y/n), slowly walking out the living room only pausing at the front door at the painful heartbreaking sobs leaving the small male that resonated in the house.

This was it. The moment that he would forever leave (y/n) behind to hopefully find someone better than him. Walking out the door and shutting behind him, was the hardest thing he's ever done. Hesitantly raising a hand to his face to wipe away the tear that had fallen. Before walking away from (y/n)'s house.