slap

"Ruel can't know" is the first words I speak. "That's all you gonna say?" Jake asks, clearly frustrated by me.

"What else would I say? Thank you for kissing me?" I yell just as frustrated as him, who did he think he was, someone who could ruin barely there relationships?

He clearly isn't in the right mindset, just seconds ago he would be laughing, and now he's yelling at me, telling me what to do, and what not to do.

"Yeah maybe, cause we all know that I'm everything he'll never be" he spits his words at me like I disgusted him.

"You're right" I speak quietly.

"He's really nothing like you" I whisper looking down at my Vans, Ruel is nothing like Jake, he's everything above and beyond Jake.

"At least your mind isn't clouded anymore" Jake breathes out in relief.

"You're everything bad he'll never be -" I look up at him with fire burning behind my normally ocean blue eyes.

"-He'd never kiss girl knowing she liked someone else, he'd never speak bad about anyone, but here you are doing everything he wouldn't" I spit my words out with disgust.

"You've known me since we were three, and you're gonna throw all that away because of some guy" Jake yells.

"That guy is you, you're the only reason why this isn't working out, one thing would be kissing me, but then telling me what to do, and what not to, that's just not it" I tell him.

"Well that's fjust ucking great isn't it?" he spats.

"Guess it fucking is" I yell. I'll not let him treat my like this, I'll not let myself be treated like this, he might be Jake, but he isn't Jake anymore.

"Jake I don't know what the fuck is up with you, but can't you just be the normal and caring Jake again? The one who doesn't act like a complete idiot" I ask.

"Hell nah, if that's means watching you and Ruel be all couplely, then no, you can go fuck yourself then" his turning red from rage.

"I'll not stand on the sideline watching you get toyed around by some dude, the only reason you like him is probably because he isn't from here" he adds.

"You don't know anything" I cry out. He's toying with my emotions and fears, and he knows it, but it doesn't seem to stop him.

"Guess I don't" he crosses his arms across his chest, and look down at me, making him appear bigger and more intimidating.

"You're the one toying around with me right now, you know what I've been through but still you stand here, daring to tell me what I feel-" I take a deep breath to keep myself from fainting.

"-You know who I am, you know where I stand, but still you doubt my judgement, still you doubt me" I call him out.

"You never trusted me" I cry out with tears falling from my eyes, at a dangerous rate.

"No I guess you're right once again, something you like to be right?" he spats at me. "Why is it you have to be so cruel?" I dry my eyes.

He just shrugs not even wanting to look at me.

"Wow, isn't this just wonderful, we were just eating ice cream having fun, and now, now you want to just throw our entire friendship away?" I cry.

"If that means no Ruel, then I'll happily say yes" he tell me.

"Fucking idiot, to think I ever wanted to be your friend" I cry harder than before. "You were right before you are hella annoying-" the anger rises in his eyes.

"-I wonder why I ever wanted to be friends with you" that one hurt, it hurt a lot. Something flashed in Jake's eyes, before they became hard again.

"You can go fuck me somewhere where the sun never shines" he spat.

"Well I don't even think you're worth that, and to think-" I don't get to say more before he slaps me.

Only to walk off.

"Oh really that's who Jake is now, someone he ends friendships longer than forever, and gives them a slap before leaving?" I provoke him.

He just ignores me, leaving me all alone on the pier.

"And by the way, maybe I'll tell him" he yells before I can't see him anymore. I break down crying, even more than before.

Should I call someone? I ask myself.

Matthew? Nah probably to busy doing some lady. Mason? he's on a date with Anna, I can't do that.

I end up deciding to call Mason and Anna.

My phone goes straight to voicemail. I make a voicemail, telling them where I am and if they could come get me.

Ruel, I need to call Ruel, the through keeps playing through my mind, but what would I say?

Oh hey Ruel, I just wanted to call and say that Jake kissed me, and that I kissed back. I can't do that.

Shortly after my voicemail to Mason and Anna, they call back.

"Hey?" I cry.

"Madison are you alright?" Mason asks, with a worried voice. "No" I cry even harder. "We're on our way now, could you maybe walk up to the parking lot at the beach?" Anna breaks in.

I nod, to quickly realize they can't see me.

"Yeah" my voice trembles.

I drag my body towards the parking lot, to think I was full of energy just moments ago, and now left with no desire to be anywhere but my bed.