hate is a hard thing to bear

"It's gonna be fine" Matthew says as he noticed my very odd behavior. "But what if it isn't going to be fine?" I almost yell.

"Then he isn't worth it"

"But I was the one who fucked up, not him" I point out getting down on the couch next to my brother.

"He'll be here any minute, I'm not ready for this" my hands are shaking and my eyes tearing up.

"You really like him" Matthew states.

I just ignore what he says and try to calm down my body, but my hands wont stop shaking and my eyes keeps tearing up.

And then before I'm even close to being mentally prepared the door bells rings, and I fly up from the couch to open the door.

"Hey-" I stop when I see a girl I haven't seen before on the other side of the door. "You are?" I asked suddenly getting shy.

Because she's beautiful, so beautiful standing there with big brown bambi eyes and beautiful brown hair.

"I'm Sydia Ruel's girlfriend" she says looking at her nails. "What?" I furrow my brows looking up at her.

"I. Am. Ruel's. Girlfriend" she speaks slowly almost spitting me in the face. "What-what?" I stutter not able to move.

I just stand there looking at her.

"What are you doing, stop staring at me" she blows a bubble out of gum, before walking closer.

"I need you to step far away from Ruel, and don't contact him or anything, he doesn't need you in his life" she spits her words out.

I just stand there taking it all in, she's right he's to good for me, I'll never be good enough for him.

I take a moment to collect myself.

"And who are you exactly to tell me that? Last time I checked Ruel didn't have a girlfriend?" I'm not about to look weak in front of this 'girlfriend' of Ruels.

"What are you doing here?" A familiar voice breaks our staring contest. "Ruel babe" she almost throws herself at Ruel.

At first he doesn't really react, but then he pulls away.

"I told you to stop coming into my life" he spits his words out like they're venom. "But baby" she touch his shoulder making him flinch back.

"Don't call me that"

"Wha-"

"Leave" he adds before walking towards me, putting his arm around me, once he reaches me.

"I missed you" I mumble into his arm, he just tightens his hold on me.

Once Sydia left we got inside.

"What was it that you couldn't tell me over facetime?" he asks an expression of worry covers his face.

I take a deep breath. "Are you okay, is everything okay?" he quickly add. "I don't know Ruel, I really don't know" I dry my already wet eyes.

"Baby what's wrong?" he asks getting closer. "It's best if you don't" I tell him holding my hand out to distance us.

"What's going on?" his brows create a frown and his eyes glaze over, indicating that he's getting anxious.

"Ruel I-I did something stupid" I start off already feeling the tears behind my eyes. He just looks at me.

"I did something stupid, something really, really fucking stupid" I start crying, and as on que Ruel walks over and embraces me.

"Ruel-" I distance myself.

"A little after you went away I-I-I hang out with Jake, to get my mind off of you-" I stop and look everywhere else than Ruel, I don't have it in me to look at him.

"Madison what's going on?" Ruel walk closer to me. "Why can't you look me in the eyes?" he asks raising his voice.

I turn my gaze to him.

"Because I'm only going to hurt you" I mutter.

"Fucking tell me what's going on" Ruel starts getting frustrated and impatient with me. "Ruel I-" I start off.

"IkissedJake" I say so quickly that I barely understand what I'm saying.

"What?" Ruel's eyes starts to wash over with tears. "I thought- I thought that we-we like had something" he speaks slowly.

"We do" I cry.

"You call everyone here so stuck up, but maybe you're the one who's stuck up" he whisper with teary eyes.

How am I supposed to know what to say, maybe he's right.

"I don't know, but I do know that I really like you" I yell at him looking up from my worn out not so white anymore converse.

"Maybe you should have thought about that before" he says walking towards the door, with a hurt expression on his face.

I should've just told him.

"Ruel no" I call out as he slams the front door. "I didn't want to hurt you" I whisper watching him leave.

I let out a scream in frustration but also because my heart is hurting.

Who knew I would be the one to ruin us. Who even knew we wouldn't even make it to the start.

After he left I didn't move.

"Madison?" Matthew hurry to my side once he sees me sitting there looking out of the front door.

"Are you alright?" at this point I don't even bother to make a comment to his dump as fuck question I just ignore it.

"He-he-he-he just left" I sob replaying everything that happened over and over in my mind.

"I fucked us up before we even had a chance of being together" I mutter removing my eyes from the open door, to look up at Matthew.

"Maybe he just needs to be alone" he suggests. "Or maybe he just needs to be alone from me" I cry into Matthew shoulder.

"What did you tell him?"

"That I kissed Jake" I mumble into his muscular shoulder. "Why didn't you just tell him that Jake kissed you?" Matthew asks.

"Because I kissed back and I didn't want to cause any problems between the two, Jake already hates Ruel, but if Ruel also started hating Jake, that would be a big mess"

"Why sacrifice maybe the love of your teen life, for him to not hate someone?"

"Hate is a hard thing to bear" I tell Matthew, finding the strength in myself to finally get up.

•••
Goal for next chapter
7 votes
10 comments and by comments I mean say something about yourself, someone you love or just an opinion anything 💗 (tia please don't spam with numbers again it gives me ocd)
Also...
QOTD - do u believe in love??
A- I don't know if I do Tia (LankyBoiiRuel has been trying convince me that it's awesome) 😂😂