quit the act

I throw the empty basket, that once was full of grapes, on the floor, staring up at the ceiling, it's christmas morning today.

And all I've been doing all weekend has been crying my eyeballs out of their sockets, sorry to put this picture in your head.

(comment if you got the reference)

Anna and Mason were both very confused when they came to pick me up, and I honestly get why, who knows how to handle a hysterically crying best friend?

They handled it really good to be honest, I would've freaked my shit out, if Anna called crying like I did, very hysterically, and wouldn't have known what to do.

Anna and Mason will still try to ask about what happened, but I just can't tell them.

For a few of many reasons.

One Anna will hate me for kissing back, and so do I

Two Anna will hate me even more, when she finds out I didn't slap back

Three Mason will probably not speak to Jake for a few years, don't want that, Jake be a pimple sucking asshat, with five mini dicks and a big ass seven head, but don't want that for him.

And then there's more, but don't want to think about that, I'm pretty busy bawling my eyeballs out of their sockets.

Worst of all Matthew comes into my room every fifth minute, and I don't fucking know why. No forget that, worst of all I've started cussing like big time.

I don't like that.

That was the status of my life, let's do a short recap.

I hate Jake, no surprise

I'm very thankful for Mason and Anna

I don't wanna tell them what happened (Mason and Anna)

Matthew comes into my room too often, just to look at me, and then leave, like what the fuck.

Oh and I've also started cussing, like big time. And there you have it, Madison's life in a nutshell.

I didn't even realize the door open.

"Are you alright?" Matthews asks walking into my room, without my PERMISSION. "Hello to you too" I mumble, not caring to look away from my beautiful, not, ceiling.

"What's up with you?" Matthew gets down beside me on my bed.

"Nothing"

"Quit the act"

"Okay, nothing" I sarcastically laugh, making him roll his eyes. He rests his head on his hands, like you know behind his head in a lying position kinda.

"I know I'm not the best brother-"

"No shit"

"Let me finish" he whines with a small laugh. I just nod, before closing my eyes, having a deep conversation with Matthew isn't exactly on the top of my bucket list, at the current moment.

"I know I'm not the best brother-" I cut him off once again. "I know you've already said that" I sigh.

"But I try, Madison I try, but do you know how hard it is to make people believe differently?" he asks.

"No"

"I wanna be a good brother" he tells me. "Then start" I mumble. "Well I am trying" he mutters under his breath.

"Now tell what's wrong" he orders. "I don't know? Is anything wrong?" I ask, mainly to provoke him.

"Madison, you have been locked up in this room since saturday, something is wrong, and it's not because Ruel went back to Aussie to eat vegemite or whatever" Matthew tells me.

"Was that supposed to be funny? I couldn't really tell" I snicker. "Madison what's wrong?" he keeps pushing.

"Jake" I finally give in, already tired of talking to him. Like Matthew you're boring, like really boring, don't understand how you get so many ladies.

As you call them.

"What happened?" he says sounding like he cares. "Why do you care?" I can't help but say it. "Because you're my little sister" he sighs.

"And?"

"Yeah that makes me care about you, you know, normally you just walk around the house smiling, now you don't even walk around the house anymore, and you don't smile anymore"

"And it's christmas morning, we're supposed to be downstairs opening presents" he adds with a smile.

"I'm not in the mood" I tell im ruining his smile.

"Well what happened between you and Jake?" he arch his left brow, looking really confused, probably because me and Jake never fight.

"Some stuff happened, we fought, he slapped me, I yelled at him, he left and done" I quickly tell the story, not telling him about the kiss.

"Why did he slap you?" Matthew takes deep breaths.

"Because I trust Ruel, and he doesn't" I don't see a point in telling him a lie, there's not much more to it.

"Why is it he doesn't trust Ruek?" Matthew is now even more confused than before.

"Because he's too perfect in Jake's eyes, like who moves to USA to go to school for a few months and then leave, like you know?" I explain looking at Matthew.

It's been a long time I really looked at my brother. His hairs has gotten a bit dark, probably the lack of sun, and his eyes darker as well.

And skin paler.

"You look tired" I comment, without thinking. "That's because I am tired" he chuckles dryly. "Another lady?" I ask with a frown.

"No, I was worried about you, you know not everything has to be about the ladies" he laughs a bubbly laughter.

I just nod.

"But what did Ruel and that have to do with you and Jake fighting?" Matthew goes back to the topic. "Because I like Ruel, and Jake doesn't" I tell him the story as it is.

"And me and Ruel kissed, and then Jake kissed me, trying to convince me that he was better than Ruel" I don't stop the tears from rolling down my already red cheeks.

In the past days all I had done was crying, so my head was hurting. I'd been crying because I was mad and frustrated with myself, I kissed back! And I shouldn't have

"That's what has kept you crying?" Matthew asks with concern in his deep brown eyes.

"No"

"Then what is it that makes you cry?" he questions stroking my hair, like he used to do when we were younger.

I miss those times.

"The fact that I kissed Jake back, when I knew I liked Ruel, but I can't change the past" I cry harder than before, and the other days.

"Hey, hey it's okay" Matthew holds me close.

"It's not, because I'd get mad at Ruel if another girl kissed him, and he kissed back" I tell my brother honestly.

"Tell Ruel"

"Tell him what, that I kissed a guy back when he kissed me, and now regret it?" I breath deeply, trying to control my crying.

"Yeah" Matthew wipes tears off of my crimson cheeks.

"I can't I'll sound stupid and like some hoe" I cry into Matthews shoulder. "You wont and if he calls you anything like that, I'll beat him up" he says making me smile slightly. 

-

-

-

-

goal for chapter

6 votes

6 comments

30 reads