Prologue

I walked in front of the Winter Tower and looked up to the top. 24 levels of success on every floor. I read all about this building, I've researched and read about everything I needed to know to get the job. All I had to to do is walk in and he look at me...I hope. 

I sat in the waiting room and waited until I was called. Good I put on extra deodrant before I left home, I was sweating bullets. "Ms Rossi, Mr. Winter will see you in his office now", the assistant walked into the waiting room. "Oh ok", I said nervously standing. I waited until she walked ahead and I wiped my sweaty palms on my skirt and straigtened it. "Right this way, he's just getting out of his meeting so he's expecting you". I nodded and she spun around on her heels and walked away. My heart fluttered widly and I balanced my breathing while I stood outside his office. "Come in", I heard his voice. Oh god, here we go.

I turned the knob slowly and stepped in. "Hi, i'm Maria Rossi I came for the second assistant opening". He turned around and stared me down, he had a face of a goddest. "I know why you're here, go ahead sit", he pointed to a seat. I nodded and walked to the seat, wobbling on my heels. I sat and kept my eyes down, mom taught me how to control these dumb teenage hormones.

He walked around the desk and sat in the big white chair "First of all don't think of me as your freind, i'm your boss and that's how it's going to be all the time". I looked up at him "Yes sir, I- I understand",  I stuttered smiling. "By the look of your clothing I could tell you were coming to bribe me for the job huh?" I shifted in my seat suddenly feeling uncomfortable "Oh i'm sorry, i'll know next time to wear more professional clothing". "I didn't say you had to change", he grinned. My cheeks heated "Here's my paperwork sir", I handed him the neatly stack of filled out forms. "Oh of course", he took them from me and scanned them fast, "I'll call you next week monday and i'll let you know what I think". 

I sighed and smiled "Thank you", I stood and grabbed my purse, knowing I failed the one job I've ever wanted. I began walking to the door and  he caught me by the hand "Wear this again if I decide to let you come work for me". "Oh um ok", I nodded and basically ran away down the hall. I had to get away before I embarrassed myself...Does that mean I got the job? I pressed the elevator lobby button and prepared myself for the talk of my life when my mom hears I didn't  get the job on my looks....I have failed her.