Chapter 3: A Little Taste (Part2)

My mom’s silver Bentley was parked out front of the house, I knew it was going to be some shit now… As I pulled up I fixed my hair and clothes, her chauffeur opened the door for me… “MARIA!” She exclaimed and checked me “Where have you been darling? It’s 11 o’clock at night, I was worried sick!”

“I had to work late, Mr. Winter’s had a serious problem I had to tend to”. She paused and smiled “So, how’s work?” I nodded slowly unlocking the house doors “Well, it’s nice so far. I have my own office and I know to wear better shoes tomorrow”.

She frowned “What’s wrong with heels?” I motioned her to the couch and she sat “Well, second assistant isn’t all what I thought I was after all. I have to work my way up to the top”. She shook her head in disgust “No child of mine haves to work for any damn thing! I’ll speak to your dad and we’ll change some things”.

I shook my head “No mom please, I can handle it. It’s fine I’m happy were I am right now”. “Ooh Maria, damnit you’re so uptight! Why do you have to beg your mom, doesn’t mommy handles all your needs?”

“Mom, I’m a woman now. Mia needs your help, she’s only 12”. My mom stomped up to me “Look you little bitch, I’m not trying to get out of character but you’re pissing me off! Don’t tell me how to raise my children!” I spun around and crossed my arms “You didn’t get me this job mom, this is the one thing I actually wanted!”

She pointed her finger in my face “Don’t raise your voice at me!”

I sighed “Why don’t you ever show me love and consideration like Mia, she’s always been your number one”.

My mom grinned “That’s what you think? You’ve always been so ungrateful”.

“I’m going back out, lock the doors when you leave”, I left back out the house before she said anything.

“Maria, you get back this instant!”

“Call you later mom”, I waved and drove off.

***

I sat in front of his house and cried. What am I going to do? I know my mom is pissed waiting at my house, im sure in heck not going back there…

I sat my seat back and took a nap…that’s the best thing I could think of right now.

Daylight…

Birds singing…

Blake staring through my window grinning like an idiot…

Oh shit..

I sat up fast and hit the horn and grabbed my head; freaking headache.

He pointed down to the lock and I pressed unlock on the car. “Hey miss, I’m gonna have to call the tow truck, you can’t just park and sleep in someones driveway”.

“I- I’m sorry, I didn’t have anywhere else to go last night. I was going through something and I didn’t want to cut”.

He held out his hand and helped me up “I need to get you in the bath, and we need to talk about that problem of yours”.