Chapter 11 : The Truth Untold

*Flashback*
Then, my dad asked me to take a seat and hear what he's gonna say.

  ||Nami's POV||

My dad told me everything. That after the camp, I went home unconsciously in Minhyun's arms. He told me that I should be grateful to Minhyun because I was nearly rapped by a pervert near my school and he saved me.

He said that Minhyun felt guilty for not protecting me well as my best friend and he felt ashamed to meet my family. My parents told us that he is a good guy when they saw a jacket was wrapping my body when he brought me home.

I was shocked and my head is spinning while the lost memories came like a complete puzzle in my head. I remembered everything now and my tears are uncontrollably fall. My mum is hugging me to calm me down. Now I know why my family became like this.. why my friends act like that.. and why Minhyun didn't come to school.

After I managed to assure my mum that I'm okay, she urged me to take a rest. I go into my room then lying on my bed. I couldn't stay still so I take my phone and call Minhyun. I'm not surprised that he didn't pick it up.

So I go downstairs and get permission from my parents to find Minhyun. They urge me to do so and I quickly go towards Minhyun's house.

When I reached his house, I knocked and ring the bell. I'm waiting and I heard someone from inside.

"Who is it?" Then, the door's opened by... Mr. Hwang. No wonder I think that I heard that voice somewhere.

I gasped and asked him, "Mr

I gasped and asked him, "Mr. Hwang? How come.."

"Come. Let's go inside. Let me tell you something," said Mr. Hwang while open the door wider to let me in.

While I take a seat in the living room, I see many pictures of Minhyun with Mr. Hwang. They seem close.

"Come, Nami-yahh. Here is your tea. I'm sorry for the inconvenient. I never thought that I will had a guest coming." He said while handing me a tea at the dining table near the living room.

It's actually not a big house but it's really simple yet cozy house to live. I took a seat in front of Mr. Hwang and sipping my tea. Then, he told me that he is actually Minhyun's brother. They had to keep it secret to avoid any problems at school.

"I see that you are here for Minhyun, right? He's fine basically.. on the outside. But, deep inside.. He is miserable right now. He kept blaming himself for not protecting the one he loves. I knew that he is actually had a thing for you when he always think about you. And I'm really sure of it when he suddenly volunteered to join the camp. Haish, that kid." Mr. Hwang said while chuckling to himself.

"But why did he kept blaming himself when it's not his fault at all. It's my fault to put him like that. I'm not a good friend. Honestly." I said without noticing that my tears had fall.

"Hey hey hey. Look, it's not your fault neither my brother so stop blaming yourself. None of you both are wrong for this and you are a good friend, Nami-yahh. If you're not, you will not come here to find him and explain everything, right?" Mr. Hwang said while patting my head. He is really a good brother and a good teacher. Honestly.

"Actually, this happened 5 years ago. When our mum sick." He said while trying to hold his tears. Without asking anything, he explained to me everything.

"5 years ago, our parents had a divorce so we separated our ways. Minhyun with our mum while I'm with my dad. It was the worst day, I tell you. Then, Minhyun moved to Busan along with our mum. He told me he wanted to take care of her and be her guardian. I just laughed but proud to have him as my little brother. But later, my mum had lung cancer and it was on the last stage. She called me and told me to take care of Minhyun after she's gone. I wanted to go by her side, telling her that her son is here but... I was too late. She had endured the pain for a long time for us and we only knew it after the divorce. Minhyun was the only one who always by her side, looking after her until her last breathe. He really loves her until he felt guilty for cannot doing anything when she was dying. His attitude became colder and he thought that he cannot enjoying himself for what he did to our mum. I told him that it's not his fault.. But he won't listen. He's changed when he met you, Nami-yah."

"And now, he's blaming himself for not protecting you." Mr. Hwang said with his tears burst out from his eyes.

He really cares about his brother and he told me to go find Minhyun

He really cares about his brother and he told me to go find Minhyun. Plus, he asked me to call him Jin oppa instead of Mr. Hwang whenever we're outside from the school.

I excused myself and thanked him for everything. He is really a good brother indeed. I started searching for Minhyun at every place in the neighbourhood. He is nowhere to be found but I won't give up until I found that brat.

When I reach at the bridge... There.. I see him.

Hwang Minhyun.. I found you.

A/N : I'm sorry for using Kim Seokjin (BTS) as Minhyun's brother bcoz I can't help it and they really resemble a lot.