Chapter 42 : I Love You, Mr. Cold

||Nami's POV||

I just finished washing up and I went to the kitchen to help the other maids there by preparing the cutlery and plates and so on to put on the dining table.

While I was busy preparing the plates on the table, suddenly a thump of footsteps approaching me.

Hmm.. Is he already woke up? I thought that he still asleep due to many works at office?

Curious, I turned around and to my surprise it was...

*At the house garden*
||Nami's POV||

"Come. Have a bite." said Mr. Hwang Jae-in, Minhyun's dad. He motioned me to grab the chopstick and start to eat.

"Uhh.. Yes. Master Hwang Jae-in."

But suddenly he laughed. "Hahaha, why so serious? Please, Park Nami-sshi. Don't be so formal with me. It's just two of us, here."

Ummm.. Actually it's not. Why?

First..because we're surrounded with a few of bodyguards and maids here. So I kind of intimidate and hesitant to eat.

Second.. I'm apparently having a breakfast with my boyfriend's dad.

So... What do you expect?

Without delay, I just nodded and grabbed the chopstick to start eating.

Okay... This is awkward.

Then suddenly a hand put the kimchi on my spoon. I lifted my head and it was Master Hwang Jae-in. He smiled and motioned me to eat it.

I thanked him and continued to eat.
"So, how's working here? Is my son well-behaved?"

I choked and coughed when Minhyun suddenly popped up in our conversation. Then I remembered all the things that he did to me.

Oh God... If his dad knew that his son is such a fox..

Minhyun's dad frantically pats my back and handed me a glass of water. And I immediately drank it. "Are you okay?"

"Uh.. *cough* yes.. Kamsahamnida (Thank you), Master Hwang Jae-in."

"Hey, I told you don't be so formal. Just call me casually." He smiled.

I frantically shook my head and bowed.
"Umm.. I can't. It's working hours so I couldn't simply breaking the rules."

Minhyun's dad chuckled and smiled.
"You know.. You kind of remind me to someone."

Curious, I asked him. "Who?"

"My wife... She's just like you."

~Meanwhile~
||Minhyun's POV||

After grandma informed us that Nami is having a breakfast with my dad at the house garden, I immediately went there to find her.

Oh my goodness.. I hope she's fine.

But when I reached the house, I heard my dad is laughing in there.

Wait... Is that a happy laugh or a bad one? No.. I don't have time for this.

Nami needs me.

I quickly twisted the doorknob and dashed into it. And to my surprise.. My dad is...smiling? Widely? With Nami?

What. Is. Happening. Here??

||Nami's POV||

We were just having a good conversation and trust me.. Minhyun's dad is very funny. He is full of humour and his smile never leave his lips as he keeps talking with me.