19

"I'm done with my chores!", I announced, walking into Antonio's office

"I'm done with my chores!", I announced, walking into Antonio's office. He was in his chair, busy with his laptop. "How many fucking times do I have to tell you to knock?" He glared at me. "My bad. Wouldn't wanna interrupt your porn session.", I said with a smirk.

"Oh, Grace. I don't need porn when I can have the real thing.", he told me with a wink. I rolled my eyes. "So why are you here?", he asked, crossing his arms. "I'm bored.", I shrugged.

"You're in a five story house with a pool, tennis court and an entertainment centre and you're-"

*Bang! Bang!*

"What was that?" I frowned, hearing shouting coming from downstairs. A red light started flashing in Antonio's office. "Grace get Lisa and go to your room. We're under attack.", he commanded, pulling out two guns from under his desk.

"No, I can help!", I told him. "Do as I said.", he said sharply before going out the room.

Well he's no fun.

I quickly took two guns from his desk and rushed to Lisa's room. "Grace, what's happening?", she asked me. She looked scared. "It's okay, you're gonna be fine. Here, take this and go into your closet.", I handed her the gun. "Don't come out until I fetch you. And shoot anyone else who enters the room."

I rushed downstairs, where all the shooting was taking place.

It's been too long since I had a good gun fight.

Cole was trying to pry a gun from a big sized man. He threw the gun to the other side of the room and they started fighting. The man kicked Cole in the stomach and he doubled over.

Shit, I've got to help him.

I rushed over to the man and punched him, but he ducked it. I tried again and landed a punch on his cheek. "Merda!", he growled before turning to look at me. "Grace?!"

He in front of me and grabbed me. "We've got to go!", he told me. "Let go of me!", I got out of his grip and drew my gun, putting two bullets in his chest. I looked down at him and gasped.

Steven? But he's my dad's bodyguard...

I ran to the entrance hall, dodging a few bullets on the way. I ran to the top of the staircase and saw all my father's men fighting with Antonio's.

Shit, shit, shit. They need to stop!

I tried screaming at everyone, telling them to stop. No one heard me through all the guns being fired.

*play the song that I attatched to this chapter*

I ran down the stairs and saw a familiar face. "Matteo!", I called out. "Grace! Grazie Dio (Thank God), you're okay!", he yelled back, making his way towards me.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I frowned. "I saw that you were hurt and I was worried, so we-"

I ran towards him and noticed a red patch forming around his heart. He suddenly stopped walking and looked down at his chest, frowning.

"No!", I screamed as he looked up at me and fell to the ground. "Someone help him! Please!", I yelled, kneeling down next to him. My eyes filled with tears as I lifted Matteo's head and placed it on my lap. "Grace, I'm so sorry. I couldn't help you..."

"Sta 'zitto! (Shut up!) You're gonna be fine. You hear me?", I scolded him, tears rolling down my cheeks. "Everyone stop! Please!", I cried out, looking around. Bullets flew everywhere, men fell to the ground and the sound of gunshots was deafening.

"Shh, Grace. It's fine. Are you okay? Here with them? Are they hurting you?", he asked worriedly.

He fucking got shot in the heart and he's bleeding out, yet he asks if I'm okay.

What did I ever do to deserve him?

"I'm fine. But we need to get you to a hospital." I tried standing up, but he stopped me. "It's too late, Gracie. Just stay with me.", he said softly. "No way! We're going!", I told him sternly.

"Please..." He started coughing up blood and I bit my lip to stop myself from breaking down into tears. I sat down again, his head in my lap.

"I'm so sorry, Matteo. This is all my fucking fault. If I had just listened to you...", I sobbed. "Hey, look at me! None of this is your fault, you hear me?", he told me. "Please don't go. You don't deserve this, I do.", I pleaded.

"I'm okay with dying. I'll be able to see my parents again.", he said with a smile. He started coughing again and more blood came up. It looked like it was getting harder for him to breathe.

What do I do? I feel so helpless...my best friend is dying and all I can do is watch! Maybe I can take his mind off it...

"Hey, Matteo, remember when we were seven and my dad went out so we decided to bake something? We had a flour fight and made a batch of muffins. And when my dad came home and he tried one he thought they were choc-chip..."

"...but those were just the eggshells because we didn't know that we were supposed to break the eggs first.", Matteo finished, with smile and a far off look on his face. "He ate two of them, just to make us happy."

I smiled sadly and placed a kiss on his forehead. "I love you, Matty." Slowly, his head fell back into my lap and his eyes looked at the ceiling. "Matteo?", I asked softly. He didn't reply.

"Matteo!", I sobbed, tears falling onto the corpse on my lap. I didn't realise that all the shooting had stopped. Everything was silent, apart from me sobbing. "Grace." I heard a voice above me.

I looked up and everything was blurry. I wiped my tears and saw Antonio. I looked around and saw that all my fathers men were lying on the ground.

"You...This is all your fault! If you didn't take me, Matteo would...he'd still be alive!", I screamed at him. "Grace, I-", he started. "Save it.", I said sharply. "You're a monster. A cold, heartless monster."

-

Helloo my beautiful macaroons💕

I cried a lil while writing this chapter.

I feel so evil sksksjk, because I created Matteo and I killed him :(

I guess I've gotta get used to this, especially since I wanna kill off...

Oops, I almost said it! I've got to learn to shut up lmaoo.

Vote and Comment even if you hate me rn :)

~Venus The Character Killing Alien👽