44

I contemplated what he had just said and nodded

I contemplated what he had just said and nodded. "You're on.", I said, sticking my hand out for him to shake. "If we win, we take her home. If you win, you get to keep her here, and we won't come back."

He shook it and nodded. "So where is my brother? Can't race him if he's not here.", he said, looking around.

"Wait, you didn't mean we'll race for her? You meant you and Antonio?", I asked with a frown. "Well, yeah. No offense, princess, but you wouldn't stand a chance against me.", he told me with a smirk.

This sexist bastard thinks I'm gonna let that slide?

"Well then, since Antonio's not here, I'll do it.", I said with a shrug. He looked at me, amused, and then realised that I was serious. "Okay, you're on. Just don't say I didn't warn you.", he said with a cocky grin.

Oh, I can't wait to wipe that stupid smile off his face.

I walked over to my Corvette and got in, putting the key in the ignition. It didn't start.

"Figlio di puttana! (Son of a bitch!)", I swore under my breath, getting out of the car. "It's not starting.", I said, annoyed.

"If you can't race and you forfeit, I win.", Xander said nonchalantly.

"Not so fast."

I turned around and saw Antonio hopping off a motorcycle. "She's got a back up ride." I grinned and walked over to the bike, leaning up to give him a peck on the cheek. "Hey amore (love).", he said, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"About time you showed up.", I whispered to him, rolling my eyes. "Antonio.", Xander acknowledged him with a nod. "Xander.", Antonio did the same. "Okay, if you guys are done chatting, I have a race to win.", I said with a grin.

I lifted my leg over the bike and sat down on it. "Good luck, baby. You've got this.", Antonio whispered to me, giving me a kiss on the forehead. I smiled at him and took the helmet from his hands. I then put my hair up in a bun and placed the helmet over my head.

Everyone stepped aside and Xander pulled up next to me in his Mustang. He winked at me and I rolled my eyes, turning my attention to the half naked woman standing with two flags in front of us.

I feel like I'm in a Fast and Furious movie right now.

"Okay, so it's five laps around the mansion. First to finish all five wins. I want a good, clean race. No cheating, no running the other vehicle off the road."

She pointed to Xander. "Are you ready?", she called out. He revved his car and winked at her. She giggled and turned to me. "Are you ready?"
I leaned forward and nodded, tightening my grip on the handlebars.

The woman lifted her hands up and signaled the numbers 3, 2 and then 1. She then waved both flags downwards, signalling for us to go.

× × ×

By the fourth lap, I was in the lead. Which was kind of surprising, since I would've expected Xander to put up more of a fight before falling behind.

On the fifth lap, I accidentally swerved the bike the wrong way and he overtook me, smirking as he drove by.

Oh shit. Okay, I can take the lead on this next corner.

I applied the rear brake first and then the front brake a few seconds later. I sat upright and braced my body using my legs. I then took the turn in a second and was right behind Xander's Mustang.

I could see the end was close and I needed to get in front. I accelerated as much as I could, trying to reach it first. Leaning forward, I pushed one of the custom buttons on the handle bar that was simply labelled as "speed".

It jerked the bike forward and sent me flying ahead, till I was right next to the Mustang. Xander and I were head to head, the end was nearing. I could hear everyone screaming ahead, but I remained focused.

Almost there. We've got this, Grace.

Everyone cheered as we both passed the finish line, almost at the same time. I slowed down and stopped the bike, taking off my helmet. "Who won?", I asked the man who got the final moments on video.

He handed the camera to Lorenzo so that he could judge. He watched silently and then turned to me with a sigh. "You did the best you could, Grace.", he said sympathetically.

I looked at him with a frown, my heart racing. "Are you saying that...", I couldn't finish the sentence. He turned away and nodded.

"Xander crossed the finish line first."

-

Hey gingersnaps!💕

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! I don't know when I will be updating next, since exams start soon and only finish on September 20th :( But please, bear with me! School is hectic as most of you know.

Also, I know nothing about motorcycles, so let's just pretend what I said made sense okay?😂

Thank you all for sticking with me, I love you guys 3000!

Don't forget to vote and comment :)

~Venus The Alien👽