48

Two hours later, I was ready

Two hours later, I was ready. I put my hair up in a tight bun, pulled out a few strands of hair in the front and curled them. Carina did my makeup and picked out an outfit for me (which was, of course, extremely revealing).

It was a silver dress that hugged my body tightly, reached mid thigh and had a deep v-neck. I was a bit skeptical, but decided to wear it to get back at Antonio after the kitchen incident.

Once I was done, I made my way to Antonio's room and knocked at the door. I opened it and walked in before he could answer it and found him putting on his suit jacket.

"Oh yes, do come in.", he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. I shrugged. "I was hoping to catch you naked, but oh well.", I said nonchalantly. He laughed, shaking his head. He then gave me a once over and smiled, walking towards me.

He took my hand and spun me around slowly. "Damn baby, you look stunning. Maybe we could just skip the whole date, my bed is right here..."

I rolled my eyes, slapping him lightly on the shoulder. "I didn't get dressed up to stay in, Antonio. We're going out." He laughed and pouted. "Okay, okay. After you, gorgeous."

× × ×

Turns out Antonio planned out the date perfectly. He had set up a picnic on the beach for us, with a lantern as the only light source. In a way, that made the mood even more romantic than it already was. I looked at Antonio in awe.

He did all this for me?

"Do you like it? I wasn't sure if you were into this kind of stuff and I haven't done this before. We can go to a restaurant if you'd like.", he sounded somewhat nervous and I laughed, wrapping my arms around him. "It's perfect, I love it. Thank you." I leaned up and kissed him slowly, savouring the taste of his lips.

I took off my heels and sat down on the blanket that was laid on the soft sand. "Pizza and champagne? Just when I thought this night couldn't get better.", I said with a grin. "Oh, trust me babe, it's definitely gonna get better later.", Antonio said with a wink. "Of course, you'd bring up sex." I rolled my eyes and laughed.

Dinner was amazing. We sat for hours with glasses of champagne in our hands, learning the little things about each other. Turns out Antonio is actually adopted, but he hasn't told Carina yet because he doesn't want to lose her. I obviously told him that Carina loves him no matter what, but he'll tell her when he's ready.

His biological mother was the sister of Carina's mother. That explained why they looked so alike. He told me that his mother died during childbirth, so his aunt adopted him. His father left his mother when she told him that she was pregnant, and he's been MIA since.

By the end of the night, I had learnt almost everything about Antonio. How many sugars he takes in his tea, the fact that he's allergic to pineapples, hell he even told me that turkeys creep him out. Who would've thought that the big bad mafia leader is afraid of turkeys?

He told me that if he ever had a daughter, her name would be Camila. His mother had a miscarriage after Carina and the baby's name was supposed to be Camila. I was so touched that he shared something so personal with me.

We got back around 11pm and immediately realised that something was wrong. There were about 5 cars parked outside the mansion that I've never seen before.

"What's going on?" I shot Antonio a questioning look and he shrugged. "I had my phone off for our date." He pulled out his gun and cautiously walked to the door, and I did the same. He opened the door and stepped in and I followed him closely.

Everyone was in the lobby, along with the a couple of paramedics. "What happened?", Antonio asked as one of them moved and we saw the pool of blood on the floor.

Lorenzo spotted us and walked over. "Someone broke in, and he tried to stop them but...", he said, shaking his head. I frowned and pushed past him, walking over to where everyone seemed to be. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw him.

Cole was lying on the floor, his eyes shut and blood pouring out of his chest.

-

:(

Hey angels! 💕

Don't hate me, I love Cole too😩
But an author's gotta do what an author's gotta do👀

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, I'm honestly trying my best to keep the book interesting but I feel like it's becoming worse and worse with every chapter, ugh. I'm so sorry guys, I don't know what's going on with my brainnn, I can barely write these days🤦🏼‍♀️

There's not gonna be a lot of chapters until the end of the book, I was thinking of stopping around 50. So get ready for my final chapter because I have HUGE plans!!

Thank you guys so much for sticking with me, I love you all 4000💕 (I'd say 3000 but I love you even more than that :))

Don't forget to vote and comment!

~Venus The Alien👽