23

Antonio opened the doors and we stepped inside

Antonio opened the doors and we stepped inside. The smell of fancy perfume and prawns greeted me.

Ooh prawns, my favourite.

I scanned the huge room, from the huge gold chandelier that hung above us to the marble floor. There were at least a hundred people, either sipping champagne or talking to other people. That's when I noticed what all the other ladies were wearing.

Fuckity fuck.

"Why the fuck did you not tell me to wear something formal?!", I whisper shouted, glaring at him. "What the fuck did I say about swearing, Grace?!", he whispered back. I ignored him.

"All the others are in ballroom gowns and classy dresses and I'm wearing...this!" I dramatically gestured to my cocktail dress. "You look fine to me.", he said with a shrug.

"Fine? Fine?! Fine is not good enough! Fuck this, I'm going back." I turned around, but he caught my wrist. I turned around to face him. "Sei bellissima, Grace. (You look beautiful, Grace.)", he told me softly. My eyes widened in surprise.

Did he ju-

"Now shut the fuck up and smile.", he added, leading me further inside.

Fucking bipolar bitch.

"Antonio!", a handsome man called out, walking towards us. He had light brown hair that was slicked back and quite a sharp jawline with a slight stubble. He was well built and I could faintly make out his abs through his suit.

Well hellooo sexy.

"Stephen.", Antonio greeted him. I noticed the sharpness in Antonio's tone and frowned.

"And who might this be?", the man asked, gesturing to me. "This is Grace.", Antonio basically spat at him. The man took my hand and lightly placed a kiss on it. I smiled at him and Antonio tightened his grip on my arm.

Well that's gonna bruise.

"If you'll excuse us, we have quite a few other people to meet.", Antonio said coldly. "I do hope we meet again in future, Grace.", Stephen gave me a smile that sent chills down my spine.

"What was that all about?", I asked Antonio as soon as Stephen was out of sight. "Don't you fucking know who that was?", he asked me.

Uh, a hot guy who kissed my fucking hand, that's who.

"No. Should I?" I frowned. "Gesù Cristo, Grace.", he sighed. "That was Stephen Bonanno. The fucking leader of the American mafia. Otherwise known as our rival.", he told me.

Ohhh.

"Now let's go. There's a few people I want to meet."

¤ ¤ ¤

After meeting about a thousand people and talking about business, business and, oh, more business; Antonio was finally ready to leave.

He led me to the garden and we walked in silence, admiring the beauty around us. I stopped at a white rose bush and ran my fingers across the soft petals, suddenly feeling a tear roll down my cheek.

"You okay?", Antonio asked me. I nodded, quickly wiping my face. "My mother's name was Rosalina. I think of her whenever I see roses." I smiled sadly.

Antonio wrapped his hand around my waist and pulled me into him. He placed his head on my neck and kissed me softly. "I'm sorry, fiorella (flower)."

Why can't he always be like this?

"I'll be right back, I just want to make a quick call.", he said, letting go of me. I nodded and he left. I walked back to the mansion and went to the table that had the snacks, trying one of everything.

"Grace!", a familiar voice called out. I turned around and saw Stephen.

Fucking perfect.

"Antonio ditch you?", he asked. "No, he went to make a call.", I replied sharply. "Drink?", he offered, holding out a glass of champagne. I took it, forcing a smile. I sipped on the champagne as I looked around.

Where the fuck is Antonio?

I frowned as my vision became clouded. I blinked a couple of times, but it wouldn't go away. "Hey, you okay?", Stephen asked, sounding concerned. "Yeah, I just...need some air. Excuse me", I said, walking towards the door.

I went outside and took a deep breath of fresh air.

What's happening to me?

I began to feel dizzy and held onto the railing of the stairs for support. I frowned, trying to think about what I might've ate.

You literally ate everything there...

Oh wait! Stephen gave me a glass of champagne...that asshole! He fucking drugged me!

I stumbled down the stairs and forced my eyes open.

If I could just find Antonio...

Suddenly, two strong arms wrapped around my waist. "You're coming with me, Grace.", someone whispered in my ear. I gasped as they roughly threw me over their shoulder.

I tried getting my gun, but I couldn't move any of my limbs. "Help me!", I tried screaming, but it came out softer than a whisper.

My eyelids became heavy and I tried to keep them open, but soon enough, everything went black.

-

Hey choc-chip cookies💕

Tomorrow is back to school for me😭And I literally don't have any stationery or a backpack lmaoo. I really need to stop leaving things for last minute smh.

I don't know if I will be able to update daily, like I've been doing for the past two weeks. I'll try my best to update as often as possible.

Vote and comment :)

~Venus The Alien👽