42

I opened my eyes and squinted, adjusting them to the brightness of my room

I opened my eyes and squinted, adjusting them to the brightness of my room. I sat up in bed, rubbing my eyes.

Oh, this isn't my room. Xander kidnapped me. Right.

I groaned as I crawled out of the bed, my head pounding.

"Took you long enough to get up.", a very loud voice told me as I entered the kitchen. "Shhh, not so loud.", I groaned, glaring at Maffeo. He rolled his eyes and took a sip of...oooh coffee. I breathed in the amazing smell, my mouth salivating. "Do you think you could make me a cup too?", I asked in my sweetest voice.

He raised an eyebrow at me, studying me. "No." And with that he walked out.

Well who the fuck pissed in his Fruit Loops?

I made myself a cup of coffee and took some painkillers.

Ahh, much better.

×

× ×

I showered and got dressed in tights and what I figured was one of my brother's shirts, since it was two sizes too big for me.

I was walking passed Xander's office when he called me inside. "Rina, we need to talk." I nodded, sitting down. "What's up?"

"You need to pick a side.", he said simply.

I frowned. "Scusa cosa? (Excuse me?) I don't follow..." He sighed, lacing his fingers on the desk in front of him. "I need to know who you're gonna side with. If it comes to a fight."

He doesn't mean...no he'd never make me choose.

"Between Antonio and I."

My breath hitched in my throat and my mouth went dry. "Xander, you're both my brothers...", I eventually said, looking up at him.

"I know, Rina. But only one of us can be the Don. Antonio won't give up his empire easily, a gang war will break out. You can't be in the middle of all that. I need to know who you're loyal to.", he said gently, taking my hand in his.

How does he expect me to choose?

"Xander, I can't.", I said softly, looking up at him. He clenched his jaw, ripping his hand away from mine. "So what you're saying is, I can't count on your loyalty? I'm your fucking brother, Carina." His eyes hardened and I leaned back in my chair.

"I know, and I do love you, but so is Antonio. And he's worked his ass off to get to where he is. He deserves everything he's got.", I said, biting my lip.

Xander got up, fuming. "You'd choose him over me? Your own flesh and blood?" I frowned. "What do you mean? Antonio is my blood too."

Xander laughed humorlessly. "So they still haven't told you, I guess not a lot has changed since I left.", he said, shaking his head. "What are you talking about, Xander?", I asked, genuinely confused.

"Antonio is adopted, Carina. He isn't even a fucking Romero, he doesn't deserve our last name or his so called empire. My empire." He looked straight at me and my eyes widened when I saw the look in his eyes. Pure hatred.

"H-he's what? No, that can't be right...", I trailed off. "You're lying." Xander laughed again. "If you don't believe me, ask mother dearest whenever you see her next. Now who are you going to side with? Some stranger who isn't even our blood, or your brother?"

This isn't the Xander that I knew. He's changed, I don't even recognise him anymore...

I took a long, shaky breath."I'm sorry, but I can't side with you on this. Blood or not, Antonio was there for me all this time. After you died, he was there for me. When I had my first heartbreak, he was there for me. When I wanted to join the Mafia and everyone laughed at me because I was just a spoiled daddy's girl , he trained me. You...you left us."

Xander slammed his fists on the desk and I jumped."Wrong fucking choice. I was hoping you were smarter than that, Rina."

Two guys came in and one of them yanked me up, firmly gripping my arm. "Take her downstairs.", Xander ordered. They nodded, dragging me away. I didn't even fight back, I just let them.

Who the fuck was that? Because that sure as hell wasn't my brother...

-

Hey angels!💕

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Shits about to get real in the next few ones, are you ready?

Don't forget to vote and comment :)

Hugs and asteroids💕
(lmao idk either just go with it)

~Venus The Alien👽