16:: Mission Begins

Chapter 16::dtd 07.01.2019

....

"Arnie, you will not come with me and Khushi to the park today evening."

Lavanya called up Arnav and ordered. From the day he came back from Los Angeles,  he leave the office by 4pm. So that even if he gets traffic he will reach RM before 5pm and will be able to personally take Khushi and La out for walk. He wait all day for this one hour in the park. He at first did this only to spend some more time with Khushi. But now it's becoming a habit for him. The fresh evening air, the greenery, the soothing fragrance in the air.. he feels so relaxed.  And today La who herself asked to accompany them is ordering him not to. Why so?

"Why?" He asked with both disappointment and concern clearly evident in his voice.

"Because I said so. And send Amu instead."

" What the ! AMAN ?? But why? "

" I need him to do something for me and also me and Khushi will have someone to watch over us."

"Why not me Lav? I can do whatever you want. "

"You sure Arnie? Anything? "

" I think you forgot who I am. ASR, nothing is impossible for ASR. Tell me. "

"Ok then if you insist so much what more can I say? Ok then ready to become Khushi's brother."

"What the?? KHUSHI's brother? Have you gone mad Lav?"

"So send Aman. Or else I will make Khushi tie a rakhi on you today itself. What say , the ASR?" Lavanya mocked Arnav.

"No I am sending Aman."

"Don't tell him I asked you to send him instead of you. Say some excuse. Convince him and send him to park. If bychance you come to park today Arnie, I swear I will make Khushi tie the rakhi to you. Get that! "

"Ok ok I won't come. Do whatever you want to do with him. Just bring him back in one piece. We have got a meeting tomorrow "

"Oh that is a bit difficult. But will atleast try to bring him back alive. Bye Arnie."

Lavanya hung up.

Phase 1 done.
Convincing Arnie was easy.
Now let Amu come. I will initiate phase 2.
Get ready Lavanya.

Lavanya said to herself.

5:12pm, The Park.

"La, where are you guys?"

" Amu, turn to your left. You see an ice cream vendor to your right? Buy 4 icecreams from him."

"4? But Why? We are just 3 right?"

" Uff.. Do as I say Amu. Buy them and come near the lotus lake. "

"Hm. Okay"

"Amu 2 strawberry/butterscotch/vanilla. And 2 chocolates."

"La, you know you can't have chocolate ones. That too 2?  Your voice will be like 2 stones rubbing with each other."

"Very funny, Amu. The choco ones are for you and Khushi. And no need to not buy a choco one for you just to give me company. I know you like choco ones. So buy that. C ya."

Aman smiled to himself thinking about her.

He found the duo by a bench near the lake. La always had a thing to the lotus. The way she had fell into the same lake some years back on her try to pluck one flower.