17:: Memories 2

Chapter 17:: dtd 08.01.2019

***
Before the update I am taking in an anticipatory bail. I am really really bad at romance and hence kept on postponing the Arshi episodes. Please don't throw rotten tomatoes, just the fresh ones if you really can't help yourselves to throw something at me by the end of reading this one.. 😆😆
***

A week went by since Khushi's last message to Arnav. Accidentally Arnav came across the FB notifications in his maid inbox.
'New message from Goodreads ' which obviously dated a week before. He clicked open the FB link in the mail which opened to the 'Message'  folder in FB.
There he saw  her messages. He read them, chuckled at the thought that someone can be this silly. He and felt bad for such a small thing! Was she for real?
He replied how 'his friend ' had rang him up for an important matter. And how he got so involved in it that he totally forgot about the chat. How he is not very active in FB and rarely logs in.

Some minutes later, he got a message from her stating how sorry she was and she understands he had some work and again apologised if she disturbed him. 
He replied it's fine and he could chat with her now and then.

She asked what he was doing and he replied he is in office and will be free by 8pm.
She suggested him to download any FB messenger app so that he will get to know whenever any message pops in.
Even though there chats didn't go beyond casual hi-byes, 'how are you' s, they did progress from being strangers to fb friends.

During their chats while she mostly talked about her love to reading and about the books she reads, he talked about his 2 friends, their childhood encounters, how Aman and Lavanya fights like Tom and Jerry. 
They had this silent agreement not to discuss any serious topics like her and his personal life.

In between she said her name is Khushi, she is from Lucknow, studies Bachelors in Education, about her family which consisted her Amma, Papa and younger brother Karan.
He noticed how she would go on and on about her brother. Likewise she noticed how mostly Arnav's talks roamed around his 2 besties.

Khushi was someone who doesn't interfere much into other's life than necessary,  similar was Arnav. So they never talked deep into their personal life than some occasional talks.

Their friendship progressed on. It was their habit to talk to each other everyday. They would casually talk on any topic under the sun. The only time when their routine broke was either when Khushi had their exams or Arnav was too into his professional life. When Khushi said about her 4 day seminar which is supposed to be held at Delhi 3 days from then, Arnav suggested they could meet up. And thus on the last day of her seminar they planned to meet. They fixed the venue to be the 'Cafe Agape', which was near to both her stay and his office.

Last day of Khushi's seminar.

After the 4 day seminar ended, she bid bye to her friends and left the place stating she is going to meet a friend and will be back soon.
When she reached the Table No.4 which he had mentioned in the message, she there saw a handsome young man who looked much more handsome than from the couple of pictures they had shared.
Arnav too was sailing on the same boat as Khushi. He too thought the pictures couldn't even capture the true Khushi in them. With every step she made towards him, he felt his heart picking up its pace in excitement. And Khushi turned all nervous. They greeted each other with heart whelming smiles. They ordered for coffee. He asked about he seminar, how she find Delhi to be, etc. She replied positive but told she prefer less bussy places.
When he gave her the gift packet she even though at first hesitated accepted on his insistence. She opened it to find 2 books of Ken Follett's series. She had once mentioned to him she would like to read than watching the series which comes on the web. 

"Thank you so much Arnav. This is truly unexpected but the best gift anyone ever gave me so far" Khushi thanked him getting all excited.

If  books could bring this dazzling smile on her eyes, I could gift her an entire publishing house. Arnav thought again lost in her smile. Every single time she smiled, he drowned deep in her hazel eyes. From the time she came, he just could keep his eyes off her eyes. Her innocence radiating from them enchanted him. Everyone smiles with lips, but Khushi here smiles with her mesmerising hazel orbs.

"Arnav, your phone it's ringing. Arnav!" Khushi shook him.

That meeting was cut short by Aman's call on his phone about his absence from office. When she came to know about Arnav's escapade from Aman's watchful eyes, his ears felt heaven hearing her laughs.
"We were very smart to decide to keep our friendship a secret, hena Arnav?"
"Ya, didn't I tell you how Aman was and is still after Lav. He still thinks she is snatching me away from him."
"Is she ?" Khushi asked giggling.
"May be" Arnav replied laughing.
When Arnav had mentioned about Aman and La's episodes, Khushi had playfully asked him not to reveal about her as his 2 besties might become a threat for her life. And they had mutually decided to keep Arnav's and Khushi's friendship as a secret.
"Guess you have to leave before Aman calls up police to find the 'missing' you!"
"Ya, I too think so. Hmm.. Khushi .. that.."
"You need something Arnav?"
"That..."
Khushi saw him hesitating clutching his phone and glancing towards the phone in her hand.
"9400 123456"
"Nh??"Arnav looked at her confused.
"My number Arnav. You were struggling to ask me this, right?" Khushi smirked.
"Ya." He replied smiling sheepishly.
"Ok then Bye Arnav."
"Bye Khushi. We will meet again right?"
"Definitely Arnav. Call me after 10 ok. I will be free after 10. Bye"
"Shall I drop you somewhere Khushi? "
" No it's fine Arnav. You run back to office ASAP,Arnie! By the way Arnie is cute" She bid him bye and went away teasing him.

The whole day Arnav had this beautiful smile on his eyes. Guess Khushi taught him too how to smile with eyes. Fortunately, Aman had gone to site by the time Arnav reached back AR. Or else Aman would have found the reason behind his Arnie's 'Khushi'.

***************************************************************

With this happy note I hope I earned forgiveness from you Sparkles. Kiddo_Star ,

Kavi Akka :
suryakavi0912 ,
Rosy:
penbegungor1,
Superstar/ Aman :
Arshian_Vinny,
Meow :
MitalChauhan8 and
Pari:
ArShi_Angel
Please accept my heartfelt gratitude and love to all of you for instigating and fueling Sparkles for my much needed punishment week. I am so happy you guys did this. For reintroducing the spontaneous me to me again. For reminding me again that I never will go short of ideas.  Thank you so so much ... Love you all lotss and loads full. 😇

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

And thanks to one and all who spared their time to read, vote and comment the chapters. Please do continue to support and motivate me to keep you guys happy.
Thank you 💖

LoVe AryaARshi 💕