20:: Brother

Chapter 20 :: dtd 22.01.2019

"You bloody beggar. How dare you ruin my dress?"
Sheetal's angry voice did shook Khushi's recently progredsing emotions. Her hazel eyes began to moist up.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Sheetal shouted on Khushi. That's when someone showed away Sheetal's hand that had came forward to grab Khushi.

Aman had send Tina to his cabin to check on Khushi some minutes back. When Tina arrived she saw a drenched Sheetal throwing daggers to Khushi. Deciding it was better to inform Aman than intervene the situation, Tina ran back to conference room and told Aman about the situation in a breath.

When Aman reached his cabin he saw Sheetal trying to get physical with Khushi. He quickly went to shield Khushi.

Sheetal looked towards the one who came between her and her new prey.

There stood Aman Mathur possessed with ASR's soul.
"Don't! Not an inch more not a word more."
Aman shouted on the top of his voice that shook the whole AR.

He felt someone flinch at his shout. He felt her grabbing and gripping the back of his coat. He turned around to Khushi.
Khushi had shut her eyes in fear, her eyelids moist.
"Khushi?" He called.

When she opened her eyes, he noticed the teary eyes of Khushi. Aman might not have spend much time with Khushi, he might not have seen a laughing not even a smiley Khushi. But, then and there he understood he can never bear the sight of her innocent hazel orbes all teared up. He cupped her cheeks and wiped out the tears. She moved closer to him.

"Aman,..." Sheetal began only to get interrupted by another shout from Aman
"Didn't I asked you to Shut up?"
Then he felt Khushi flinch again.

"Sheetal, get out now! I will deal with you later. Out!." Aman said trying his level best to not shout again.

Sheetal had no other choice than to leave then. And she left throwing another disgusted glare towards Khushi.

The whole of AR was outside Aman's cabin watching the drama. "Back to work all of you."

Khushi hid her face in Aman's chest, whimpering.
"Shh, it's okay Khushi. See nothing happened."
"Bhai.." came Khushi's whimper.

Aman felt his heart clenching.
"Ha, I am your bhai dear. Everything is fine." He said caressing her.

He brought Khushi to the sofa and sat down besides her. He wiped her face and offered water. When he saw Khushi is better, he looked around the cabin. He saw many rockets all around the floor. And some still stacked on his table.

"Wow, you made all these?" He asked pointing them to distract her. She nodded yes.

"Do I also get to launch some?" He asked smiling at her innocence. She gave him the ones kept on his table.

"Let's do together. Here you too have some. You know Khushi, I and Lav also used to launch many like this when we were in school. I used to launch them to her piggy tails or pony tails and she, she put hers inside my shirt through my collar. How much I missed those days.!" He said sighing remembering good old days. He looked at Khushi who was watching him launching them, too far than hers.

"Oh none more?" Aman asked Khushi showing his now empty hands.

Khushi noticed she too had none left. She stood up to take more papers to make more rockets.