3 ↠ sunshine

This is boring I'm sorry! I didn't meant for it to be boring but then I remembered I need to ask you before making all these risky decisions. ((:

↠↠↠ ↞↞↞

Luke

He made sure to arrive extra early for class.

Like Luke was always early but last week he didn't get the left seat in the last row of the middle section of the classroom and he couldn't completely concentrate.

Probably not because of the seat but the girls who were sitting behind him and were gossiping about how he arranged all his pens on the table.

He was happy about the seat he got but also nervous as today was the day they'll discuss the grades of their first paper of the semester.

Luke spent hours on it but his little brother was sick while he was writing it and he had to work as well.

While he waited for the class to start, he worked on the notes for one of his other classes. He got so into it he almost missed the teacher walked into the room which wasn't unusual for him.

Michael was in the front with his friends like always. They followed him everywhere, Luke noticed, now, even more, when they had a class together. Once Ashton and some other boy were really loud and Michael moved seats.

Immediately after professor threw the two out, the rest of his friends moved to where Michael was.

To Luke, that seemed strange but he then remembered a photo Michael's dad once showed him on Instagram. They were discussing Luke's new haircut and his boss told him Michael used to dye his hair a lot. The picture was posted by one of his friends and the caption was something that's stuck with Luke.

Stay close to people who feel like sunshine.

Maybe that was it. Michael was the sun to his friends.

"Mr. Hemmings?"

Luke's head quickly moved from his notes to the professor. He realized the professor wasn't looking at him but was searching for him in the classroom.

A couple of heads had turned into his direction and he could feel himself blushing.

Slowly, he raised his hand. "Yes?"

"Oh, there you are." The grey-haired man said. "Usually students this good don't sit in the back. Amazing work on your paper. You were also one of the few who cited his resources well."

He blushed even harder and tried not to smile too hard. He was happy, Luke just didn't want everybody else who was still looking at him to know that.

"Thank you, professor."

"And Clifford... I don't have to search for you, you're to the copy of your father. You have a special style of writing I'm not used to but impeccable. Your father would be proud."

This time Luke did smile because he knew it was true. Mr. Clifford is always proud of Michael.

Michael

"Did you hear?"

Michael looked up from his assignment to his father. "Did I hear what?" For a second, he thought maybe his mum called dad and he wanted to talk about that.

But it's been a while since her father talked about her.

"That Luke did amazing in the anatomy class."

"I was there. You know we share the class, right?" Michael tried to not roll his eyes in front of his father.

His father seemed to ignore him so he continued with his work. Michael had his alarm on for two hours of studying before it was time for the dog walk.

When he couldn't find Broccoli anywhere, he knew he was downstairs at the clinic.

"Hi." He said to Luke who was behind the reception table.

Luke smiled at him.

"Have you seen Broccoli?"

"She's napping outside," Luke answered and Michael sat behind the table.

"What are you doing?" The older boy asked. He observed the system Luke had or rearranging the desk whenever he was working.

"We have new medication I have to get in the system."

Michael observed him for a moment before jumping off the chair. He wasn't sure what he was doing. He often waited for Luke to apologize to him but the apology never came.

He wasn't sure if Luke even knew he knew.

"Michael?"

He turned around. Maybe this was it.

"Why don't you tell your dad that today in class professor called your paper impeccable?"

The older boy frowned. "Why should I?"

Luke shrugged his shoulders. "I presume he'd like to know."

"If I'll tell him, he'd say I'm bragging"

"I told him about my grade and he didn't say anything like that."

Michael laughed. "You're not his son."

Before he left, he turned around. "Also, Matt asked me to ask you to ask him on Facebook. He can't find your profile or something."

↠↠↠ ↞↞↞

A lot of you have noticed that they're not enemies it's because the storyline would be a mess with everything else that was voted for. But they don't like each other!

Thoughts on Luke's personality?

Michael's relationship with his dad? Where is his mum?

What do you think should Luke apologize for?

Sorry if it's boring! Next chapter will have a very important question! We'll get things moving!

↠ ↞

most of you did it right the last chapter, yay! so: vote ✩ on this chapter, leave some feedback on the chapter (questions above) and comment once per question for your comments to count.

voting closed

1. What do you want to learn in the next chapter?

- Michael's family's backstory?

- Luke's at home situation?

Love, Lucija ♡