16 ↠ mum?

this was fun to write!

Luke

"You're kidding me?" Matt asked with his mouth open.

Luke could barely hide a smile as he shook his head.

"You're saying Michael used to have a crush on you?"

The two were eating snacks in the University's café as Luke waited for Michael and Matt for his date to pick him up.

"His words not mine."

"That's huge," Matt whispered and punched Luke in a shoulder.

It usually was Matt who stopped him from daydreaming but the blond-haired man knew what the situation was like. "He used to like me, Matt. That was almost two years ago and he was broken hearted and didn't even know me."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about that." Matt joked. "When I asked you on a date, I didn't know what a pain in the ass you were either."

"Hey!" Luke pouted.

As funny as it was how the two became friends, Luke wouldn't change it. Besides Michael and his family, Matt was the only and the best friend he had.

After they both stopped laughing, Matt continued. "I know it was a while ago. But the fact that Michael finds you attractive counts for something. I mean you're still shy and all the things he praised about you. I've seen the pictures, you just got better looking."

Luke sighed. "I still want a chance with him. But I don't want to force anything and I don't want to try now when Gabe is in the picture again."

"Understandable."

He wanted to say more on the matter but Matt kicked him under the table and smiled at someone behind Luke. "Hi, Calum."

"Hi, guys."

Luke smiled at Michael's best friend who started talking to him. "Michael said you're coming to study with us today but he had to go and ask his professor something. He said we should wait for him by his car."

"Okay." He started putting his things away. "Thank you for letting me tag along. My usual study partner has a date."

Calum laughed and looked at Matt. "I've heard that but I'm surprised I didn't hear it from you since you're such a chatterbox."

Matt rolled his eyes but they all knew Calum was right.

Luke didn't know Calum well but he appreciated the man a lot more after he punched the Gabe dude. He was happy Michael had such good friends but also extremely happy when Matt told him he was very straight.

When the came to Michael's car, Calum leaned against it so Luke did too.

"How's school going?" He asked quietly, trying to create a conversation.

"Oh, good." Calum smiled. "I have to find a place where I'll do my apprenticeship next year."

Luke was glad he had that covered with his job at the Clifford clinic. "Do you already know what you want to specialize in?"