10 ↠ are we cool?

Michael

"Broccoli!" He shouted his pups name for the fifth time but after he was nowhere to be seen.

That only meant one thing.

Michael walked down the stairs to the vet clinic and saw the dog sleeping on his back next to the reception desk. Next to Luke.

"I guess you don't want to go on a walk, huh?" Michael said and surprised both of them.

Broccoli who of course didn't understand most of what Michael had said could understand and hear two words even in his deepest sleep.

Walk and food.

The dog freaked out. Started barking and jumping around his owner who had a leash in his hand.

Luke, on the other hand, didn't seem to understand anything and just looked at the older man confused.

"I'm sorry," Michael laughed. "I'll just never get over how happy he gets about the simple things in life."

Luke smiled widely and stretched his arms. "I get him. I'd kill for a walk right now."

"What are you doing?" Michael asked and make sure he didn't use his usual Luke voice. His - you broke my trust and never said you were sorry - voice.

"No clients means doing schoolwork or paperwork and both are boring to do on such a beautiful day."

"Come with us." He offered. "I'm sure dad won't mind."

"I can't." Luke pouted like he actually wanted to go. "If a client comes in..."

"A bell will ring and my dad will come. We'll be in the neighborhood so I'm sure it's okay. Right, dad?"

He said the last words louder because he knew like always doctor Clifford was eavesdropping. His favorite thing to do.

"Yeah! Go and get some fresh air. Bring me some donuts!"

Michael and Luke smiled at each other and Luke gave up. He stood up, got his jacket and followed behind him.

Luke

Luke was ecstatic.

Him. Michael. And Broccoli on a walk.

Together.

His every dream came true at one with one minor detail.

Michael didn't like him.

Another detail.

Luke knew his apology was a shitty one and that the older man had every right to still be mad at him over what happened. Even if it was over a year ago.

He had a billion different apologizes prepared but none of them as a response to Michael being nice to him.

And he'd say something, he really wanted to but Luke was only talkative when either drunk or really pissed off. On occasions like this one, he didn't know how to even start a conversation.