12 ↠ let me take you to the movies

How are we liking this story so far? Like I said this style is a first for me as well so really do let me know if you dislike something too.

Luke

Luke watched as Matt hopelessly finished another cup of coffee but yawned straight after.

"We only have this exam left." He tried to cheer him up. "And then we won't have to come to uni till next year." It was a stupid joke but it made Matt smile.

"You have no idea how excited I am for my New Year's party. You're coming right?"

The moment Luke shrugged his shoulders the med student's smile disappeared. "Luke." He whined. "You said you'll invite some not-straight people."

"I know. I still will." He explained and started drawing little shapes on his notes. He didn't like it when people were expecting things from him. Especially when Luke wasn't sure he could come. "Mum and dad were talking about taking a trip to see some friends and I didn't tell them about the party so they probably think I'll look after the kids."

"Don't you think they expect a bit much from you?" Matt sighed.

Luke frowned. "They gave me a roof over my head, feed me and kept me warm when no one else could. So, I don't care what they expect from me, I'll do it."

It was the first time the blonde-haired man raised his voice in front of Matt so he was completely shocked.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that."

"Let's just study okay?" Luke said not wanting to talk about it anymore.

They studied for another two hours before it was time for Luke to go to work.

Matt still felt bad and insisted on driving Luke there.

They were quiet at first but then Luke got a text and his face lit up so hard, even Matt noticed.

"Michael?" He laughed and laughed even harder when he noticed Luke blush.

"Stop it. You know it's not like that."

"Luke, seriously. His dad told you that he likes boys? What in the world is stopping you? You're hot, smart, funny and you and Michael get along. I see no reason why you shouldn't try it out." Matt was a great speaker and for a second even made Luke believe he was worthy of Michael.

"The reason is him telling me he doesn't like me." His voice was quiet but it didn't convince the dark-skinned boy at all.

"So?" Matt pulled over in front of the Clifford vet clinic. "When I asked you out, I knew you liked someone else and still wanted to give it a shot. People go on dates all the time when they're not in the state of having a crush on the other person. And since Michael told you this a lot has changed. He went from not looking at you to staring at you all the time."

As if he wasn't red enough, Luke blushed even more. It was nice that he wasn't the only one who noticed it.

"I'm just saying. Things have changed and Michael hasn't had sex in way too long to turn you down."

"How would you know that?" Luke laughed but was also panicking inside because not thinking about Michael in a sexual way was hard enough without Matt mentioning it.