4 ↠ have you ever been in love?

If I point out you didn't vote correctly it's because I don't want your vote to not count so I give you another chance to do it properly. Stop apologizing for it. (:

thank you all for not letting this flop ♡

↠↠↠ ↞↞↞

Luke

Luke doesn't remember what his life was like before he got adopted by a lovely lady when he was five or four.

Evelina was old and worked at the orphanage where Luke lived before his adoption. Before starting school or on weekends he went with her to work but unlike the other kids, he also went home with her into his own room.

When Luke turned nine, she got really sick and found his current family, the Hemmings who were willing to take him in as a foster kid.

Liz and Andy Hemmings already had two sons but they were already in high school when Luke joined their family. They were nice people and treated Luke like their own.

They wanted to adopt him when Evelina died but things got complicated so Luke settled on taking their last name. He still called them mum and dad and Ben and Jack brothers. He addressed them as foster parents in formal situations.

Luke was fifteen when they took in another girl called Erin when she was six years old.

After Ben and Jack moved out, Liz and Andy thought about fostering another kid and Luke was ready to move out. He had the intention of moving out but his parents wanted him to stay since his school was close and he got to save some money. Even with his scholarship, he had a lot of expenses and when the school kept him busy, he only worked at the clinic a couple of times a week.

So, he stayed and the family took in two boys, twins, aged four. Joel and Benji were a handful but everybody loved them.

The problem came when Andy lost his job. Luke stopped saving money and gave almost everything he earned to his parents and called it his rent.

Even when Andy did get a job it was only part-time so things weren't critical but with three kids in school and Luke living there, life wasn't as cozy. Still, neither Andy or Liz mentioned returning the boys or tried to get Luke to move out.

Now the boys were nine and Erin just turned fourteen so they didn't need that much help but Luke still took care of them.

Sometimes that meant buying Erin tampons or staying up all night while Joel was sick.

And sometimes that meant his sister coming to his room in the evening wanting to talk about weird things.

Luke was reading as it was the only thing, he did for himself. Or better said the only thing he did alone.

"Luke?" Erin asked and sneaked under the covers on the opposite side of the bed to him.

"Hm?" He didn't look up from the book but they both knew she had his attention.

She didn't seem nervous but Erin never thought before speaking but it looked like she was doing that now. Therefore, Luke dropped his book and kicked her under the blanket.

"What's up ladybug?"

It was her old nickname she hated but still let Luke use.

"Have you ever been in love?"

Luke thought about it. He was twenty-two. Had two boyfriends. Even a girlfriend way back. And of course, he found a lot of people attractive.

Was he ever in love?

"I'm not sure, Erin. Probably, why?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "There's this boy I think I like. He's funny and good looking. He's not the smartest but that's okay."

That made her older brother smile. "Which part are you confused about?"

"What if I don't even like boys? Like where's the line when you think someone is good looking and between being attracted to someone?"

That was a good question.

"How did you know you liked boys?"

Luke sighed. "I don't know bug, I just did. I thought boys were prettier and thought their bums were more attractive than girl's."

"Ew," She laughed and kicked him back.

"But seriously, you don't have to think too hard about it. If you like him, ask him on a date or to study together. Spend more time with him. There is also a possibility he won't like you even if you like him."

Luke had experiences with that.

"Like I have money for dates. I can ask him out for a drink with the money I get from doing house chores."

"Then take him on a drink or I'll borrow you some money."

She looked up, surprised. "You'd do that for me?"

"Of course, I would," Luke laughed. "But I still think is better you talk to him some more first."

Erin nodded and climbed off the bed before hugging Luke really hard.

It was rare for them to hug but at that moment Luke put his love for her before his hate towards touching people.

"And bug?"

She turned around.

"If you meet a girl and find her attractive that'll be okay as well."

She smiled and sent him a kiss over the air. Luke caught it and pressed it against his cheek.

When she left, he couldn't quite get back to his book. His ex-boyfriends and other boys he loved occupied his mind.

Luke told himself he didn't have time for a boyfriend. The ones he liked were usually straight and the ones who weren't straight were too dramatic for his liking.

Then, he remembered one guy who according to Michael did want to come in contact with him.

↠↠↠ ↞↞↞

Thoughts on Luke's conversation with his sister?

What are your thoughts on this kind of a story so far?

How the storyline is coming along?

↠ ↞

vote ✩ on this chapter, leave some feedback on the chapter (questions above) and comment once per question for your comments to count.

VOTING CLOSED

1. How should their relationship start?

- Drunk kiss

- Forced to do something together

- One of them saving/helping the other

Love, Lucija ♡