25 ↠ i love you

shorter but oh so important!

Luke

"Why do you always go along with my stupid ideas?"

Luke smiled even though Michael couldn't see him. "Because they're not stupid."

"But I miss you."

His heart clenched. Michael was going to see his mum over the Easter break and the two of them wouldn't see each other for the entire week.

Michael said they could catch up on studying to prepare for the upcoming exams but three days in he was calling Luke every few hours.

Not that Luke minded. Whenever his phone buzzed, he felt a warm feeling inside his chest.

"I miss you too, Michael." He said. "But you're coming back soon and when you do, I'll treat you to some cuddles."

There was a silence on the other side of the line. "Only if you'll feel like it."

Luke might have rolled his eyes but he knew how lucky he was to have someone respect his boundaries so carefully.

"We actually canceled our trip to see Ben on Sunday because the twins are sick so you can come over if you want to. Or I can come over."

He actually hoped they'd spend the night at Michael's place because his dad was never home and Luke got addicted to touching Michael. And he didn't want to do that with his entire family on the same floor.

Michael sighed and Luke knew something was bothering him.

"I wish we could. But I'm hanging out with Calum and his girlfriend. Not that I don't want that but I miss you."

Luke frowned. "Calum has a girlfriend?"

He had spent a lot of time recently with the Maori boy and has never seen him texting or calling anyone. Never seen a picture of her on his social media (he did use Erin's phone to stalk him because he wanted to see if he had any cute pictures of Michael posted).

Luke wasn't even sure Calum liked anyone except Michael. And that he knew for sure wasn't a romantic relationship.

Calum was probably the only person Michael hasn't properly kissed when he was drunk.

"Yeah. Haven't I told you about her? They're not properly sating because Calum doesn't believe in love and she's... a bit weird but they work together in their weird way."

"Just like we do." Luke smiled.

"Exactly."

"Luke, can you do one thing for me?"

Michael sounded serious so Luke had to thought about it. He knew Michael would never ask for something he couldn't give.

"If it'll make you happy," Luke answered.

"Next time you're working please, please take my old phone from the drawer. I really want to facetime you when we're apart. I need to see your pretty face."