30 ↠ i'm sorry

tw: sad

Luke

The weather outside was beautiful and Luke couldn't wait for Michael to come back so he could shower, change his clothes and go out. This way he'd see two sunshines, his own and the one in the sky.

Both kept him warm and both made him happy.

He was secretly counting down the minutes he'd get out of the hospital. Because of the accident or whatever happened, he missed his exam so he'd have to take it in the fall. And that sucked but his birthday was coming up and that meant vacation with Michael.

That meant sleeping next to Michael and with Michael without any parents or siblings or pets nearby.

Luke just really wanted to get out of the hospital.

Did he want to get better? Sure, just not here. He tried to tell the doctors that it was just stress but they didn't listen, neither did his parents or Michael.

"Finally," Luke smiled when Michael walked into the room with his bag.

He immediately noticed something was off as Michael didn't come to kiss him and didn't say a word at all. Luke thought about it and one of the possible reasons was in the bag his boyfriend just brought it.

"Oh, you found it." Luke bit his lip as he saw Michael nod. He finally walked closer to the bed and passed the bag to him

His heart was racing, he wanted to give it to Michael the last time he stayed over but knew it would possibly lead to lovemaking but they both needed to study so Luke wanted to wait.

He opened the bag and pulled out a necklace from the side pocket.

"I know your birthday isn't for a couple of months but maybe just consider it as a late gift for last year." Luke passed the gold chain with the amulet to his boyfriend.

Michael was frowning as he inspected the gold sun dangling from the chain, to Luke's surprise he passed it back to him.

"T-that." He sighed. "That's not what I've found."

Luke nervously observed as his boyfriend reached into the bag and pulled out the one this that shouldn't be in there. "M-Michael."

"Stop." The words were quiet but powerful. Luke was feeling weak again like he did in the coffee shop. "Before you say anything, you need to promise me that you won't lie. Because I think that for once I deserve the thought."

"Michael," Luke argued. "I have not lied to you." Following the look, he got from him, he elaborated. "Since we've got together, I have not lied to you, maybe I haven't told you everything but I haven't lied."

"Are you kidding me, Luke?" Michael raised his voice. "First of all, I've been asking you for months what's wrong and you kept saying nothing. I had to learn from a doctor who thought I already knew, but I didn't, that you have insomnia and then I find a medicine that keeps you awake?"

Luke wanted to interfere but didn't.

"And not only that, it isn't even prescribed to you but to a drug dealer."