28 ↠ he's awake

please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!

tw: hospital and very inaccurate medical things

Michael

"Michael!" Both of his friends said at once but while Renee's voice was calmer, Calum was in a full panic mode.

"Calum it won't help if you shout at him." She was gently squeezing Michael's shoulder trying to force him to communicate. "I think he's in shock."

"Fuck."

He could hear the panic in his voice and he wanted to tell Calum to stop worrying about him but the words didn't want to come out of his mouth.

"Should I call the doctor? His dad?"

After a few seconds of silence, she replied. "Try calling the person who called Michael back."

"It's... It's Erin. I think that's Luke's sister." Calum was getting nervous. "C'mon, pick up."

"Let me talk." His best friend didn't argue with his girlfriend. "Hi? Hello Erin. I'm Renee, Michael's friend. He just got your phone call and now he's in shock and... Yes. We don't know what's wrong... Oh, shit. Sorry... Which hospital?... Yes, we'll be there soon."

"What the fuck who's in the hospital? Luke?" Calum asked.

"Yeah," Renee whispered before grabbing Michael's face between her hands. "Michael? I know it's hard to talk right now but if you want to go and see Luke, just nod or something."

Michael swallowed and whispered. "Please."

"Okay." They left the library but as soon as they were outside Michael was splashed in the face with something cold.

"Renee!" Calum shouted. "What the fuck?"

"It was either this or slapping him."

Michael had to raise his arm to wipe the iced tea from his face and when he did his body slowly started to function.

Thanks to Calum's body strength they got him to the car and while Renee sat behind the wheel, Calum sat next to him.

"It's fine, Mikey. Luke will be fine."

"You don't know that," Michael said and it was true. Even if Calum was a med student he couldn't know.

"I do know. Matt just texted your phone. He wrote: they don't know what's wrong but he's stable. And then another text: he'll wake up soon and I know he'll want you there."

"Why is Matt there before me?"

"Umm..." Calum typed a message and Michael caught Renee's stare in the mirror.

"I hope you're not jealous of that."

"No, I just want to know."

"He was with him. And Luke passed out, he complained about being cold when it was hot or something."

When they finally got to the hospital, Michael almost ran to Luke's room but he had no idea where it was.