29 ↠ sixty seconds, sixty kisses

I really like this chapter so I hope you do to (you probably won't but hey, ho)

tw: unaccurate medical stuff and drama at the very end

Michael

"Luke, you have to." He said softly to his boyfriend who looked like he was on the verge of tears.

One thing Michael didn't know about Luke was that he hated needles. He was fine with handling them around animals but not fine with other people handling them around him.

"It will only last a minute." The doctor tried to calm the man down. It didn't help. "Sixty seconds."

Luke shook his head.

Michael gently pushed Luke's face into his direction. "Sixty seconds, sixty kisses?"

The younger man didn't agree but before he could disagree his boyfriend already started counting. The first kiss landed on Luke's nose to cheer him up a bit and by the time they were at forty kisses, the doctor was done but let them have another twenty more kisses.

"Thank you," Luke mumbled and earned another kiss. "I'm sleepy now."

Michael looked at the doctor who nodded in agreement. Luke wasn't allowed to sleep for a few hours as they were trying to diagnose him.

His brain seemed to be fine and the worst scenario was luckily off the table. But what bothered Michael was that they still didn't know what was wrong.

He kissed Luke's forehead and whispered the words that made the already half-asleep boy smile.

"Michael, can I talk to you for a moment?" He followed the doctor outside.

The older man was not only his mentor when he volunteered at the hospital but also one of his dad's best friends. Doctor Clifford made sure Luke was getting the best treatment.

"I already talked to his parents but I wanted to talk to you too." Michael nodded as they sat down in front of the room. "We are confident that Luke didn't sustain a head injury when he passed out and fell but his blood work is still not clear. He does take medication for his insomnia we're just not sure if that caused any unwanted side effects or if he does have any other conditions."

"How much longer would he need to stay?" He bit his lip and nodded towards the closed door. "He's quite unhappy here."

The doctor smiled. "I know, that's why I'm talking to you. The stress doesn't help his blood pressure but he can't go home. And I know if anyone, you are the one who can lift his spirits up."

Michael thanked him before going on a hunt to find Luke's parents. He needed them to keep an eye on Luke for just a bit.

Luke

"I know I'm not as good of a company as your boyfriend is but you could at least pay attention to me."

"Stop being silly." Luke realized rolling his eyes actually hurt but Matt got the message. "I love you being here but Michael just texted me that he has a surprise."

"Blowjobs are forbidden in this room." Matt mocked him.

Luke laughed. "You were the one who was telling me what you'll do to your mentor in the lunchroom."