7 ↠ he kissed me

big uwu to all of you because only one person voted wrongly in the last chapter. (:

↠↠↠ ↞↞↞

Michael leaned down to pet Broccoli when he walked into the kitchen.

She wagged her tail but didn't show any other signs of affection. The red-haired boy took her running with him and he had a lot of tension to let go of.

"Dad?" He called. As he presumed, Michael found him in the living room reading articles.

Doctor Clifford was doing a lot more research and started writing papers as he tried to pursue his academic dream. That and he had more time since Michael's mum moved away.

He didn't raise his head so Michael just walked into the room and turned on the light.

"Dad." He said again and finally got his attention. "Will you drive me to the airport or should Calum ask his parents?"

"So, you're still going?" He sounded disappointed.

"It was a birthday gift, dad. I'm sorry you already made plans for my birthday but we'll go out when I come back on the weekend. This isn't something I can just postpone."

Michael sighed and sat next to him on the couch. Calum had bought them concert tickets for his birthday for one of his favorite bands but the concert was on the day of his concert in Melbourne, not Sydney. Where his mum lived.

"It won't be your birthday on the weekend. Your birthday is tomorrow."

It was like talking to a five-year-old.

None of them said a thing and Michael wanted to leave and just call Calum to come and pick him up.

"I'd just presume you'd rather spend your birthday with the parent who didn't leave you."

Now he had enough.

"Mum didn't leave us!" Michael shouted, surprising both himself and his dad. Still, it was something he was holding inside of his for a long time and he knew he had to say it. "She didn't leave us."

"She left me."

"Don't say that when you know it isn't true. She took a once in a lifetime opportunity to follow her dreams." This time his voice was softer.

"I thought I was her dream." Doctor Clifford said sadly.

Michael sat back down. "If I tell you something you promise you won't be mad?"

He turned towards his son and smiled. "I have never been mad at you Michael."

Which was a lie and also Michael's biggest burden he carried with him.

"I was with mum in the car the day she got the call she was offered a job in Melbourne. She was so excited she started crying and we had to pull off and changed seats so I could drive us home." His father was listening carefully which rarely happened. He was many things but always a better talker than listener.

"I congratulated her and asked when will she have to move. I knew she has to go alone because I have my classes and your clinic is here. She just looked at me and said she won't go but she thinks it's nice people acknowledged her work at the radio station enough to offer her a job on the TV."