15 ↠ I'd break your heart

Luke

"I'm sorry," Michael said again and brought Luke back to planet Earth.

But he was still in Michael's room so he was okay with being here as well.

"It's okay." He smiled. "That was a while ago."

Michael nodded but still Luke could feel how he was carefully observing him, afraid he upset him.

Then the younger man frowned. "How did you even like me? I had short hair; I barely even spoke to you."

Michael started laughing and he did too because the man was smiling and it was because of him. And that was better than crying over that stupid man, Luke hated without even knowing the guy.

"You were everything he wasn't. Again, not the way to look for a significant other."

Luke smiled to himself. "Things would probably be a bit different between us if the key incident wouldn't happen."

Michael surprised him by grabbing his hand. "Luke, believe me, I think it was better this way."

He didn't understand how they spent almost two years hating each other for absolutely no reason.

"I'd break your heart." He explained, the tone of his voice sounding a lot like they did when they were driving home. The beautiful man sounded broken.

They went quiet but Luke understood. He knew Michael's heart was still broken too, even if he did get over Gabe.

"Just so you know," Luke said after a while. "I won't give up."

He didn't know what consequences his words will bring but he meant them.

When he looked at the red-haired man he was smiling.

Michael's phone buzzed and he quickly checked the message before letting go of his phone.

"Calum went home, his sister came to pick him up."

Luke realized he was probably overstaying the welcome.

"I should go to."

"Don't be stupid," Michael said. "It's cold and you don't live that close."

Before he could ask what else there was to do Michael got him shirt and sweatpants to wear and almost pushed him into his en suite bathroom with an instruction of where to find a spare toothbrush.

Michael

Ever since Luke admitted his feeling to him Michael was fighting a battle.

He felt angry at himself for letting somebody fall for him because he knew the pain of not having your feelings returned. But he felt flattered that someone like Luke would like him, actually like him.

The younger man was sleeping next to him and he knew that maybe one day Luke wouldn't have to wait for him anymore.

It was well over four in the morning when he finally fell asleep feeling much better than he did when he came home.