35 ↠ sunflower

I HOPE YOU'LL FIND THIS AS CUTE AS I DID.

I made a timeline so you could see the progression of two people who are a mess and afraid.

thank you for reading my story

(also regarding the last chapter - A = next summer; B = New Year; C = graduation)

September

Luke

Wednesdays were Luke's rest days. After uni and work, he didn't study or do his homework. He read somewhere that those were the most stressful days and once he mentioned that to his therapist, she asked him if he wanted to do anything about it.

Rest day it was.

But he always had trouble with actually resting, he ended up either playing with his siblings or answering Matt's phone calls. And those were newer considered as rest.

"Hey," Luke answered, knowing that even if he won't ask what's up or what's wrong, he'll immediately find out.

"I found you on Tinder."

Matt sounded upset, which made no sense since Matt created Luke's profile when he was pouting about Michael for the fifth time in a row. And yes, Matt was counting.

"If you say the joke in my bio isn't funny, there are a lot of boys who disagree."

"Luke," Matt whined. "Sunshine is on all of your photos. There's even a photo of just Sunshine and no Luke. You're supposed to find yourself a date, not her."

"While I was offered a dog playdate, free dog haircut and a boyfriend for Sunshine, I also was asked on three dates," Luke admitted. When he said it out loud, he started to blush. Like whenever a boy would compliment him or send him a picture of his privates.

"What the fuck, Luke? You didn't tell me you're going on dates."

"I'm not." Luke frowned.

Matt sighed. "Are you kidding me? What's the point of having Tinder then?"

Luke could tell Matt the truth, that he wanted to see if he was attractive just if all of his plans to win Michael back will fail. And he will definitely not tell Matt about the plan.

October

Michael

After a month of the awkward game of ignoring each other, Luke proposed for them to be friends again. But not like the first time around, no sleepovers, no excessive touching, just two people who say hi to each other and occasionally send each other memes.

To be honest, Michael wasn't sure how Luke made it this far into his life without social media. Since he's been in charge of the vet clinic's Facebook account, he's been constantly tagging Michael under photos he found funny.

Being friends with Luke was cool but it was clear his ex-boyfriend wanted something more.

And it was flattering, not just because Michael was still in love with him, he was also extremely aware that Luke was attractive and that there were plenty of other suitors.