Chapter 14

After the paramedics let me go Danny and Steve brought me back to Five-0 to talk. I haven't said anything else since Steve asked me what happened. We sit in Steve's office, Steve in his chair and Danny next to me in front of Steve who placed a mug of tea in front of me. 

"thank you" I say trying to speak above a whisper but struggle, Steve sits down looking at me. "I don't know his name, he wouldn't tell me. He showed up out of the blue in the house the other night." I reply Steve's expression changed. "That was the night I came over-" I nod looking down, "He was there for 3 minutes and left, that's when I fainted" I reply. 

Danny and Steve are quiet, "I took off because I needed space to think and clear my head. He showed up on the yacht and boat jacked me and left me in a shark cage because he couldn't kill me himself. I swam to a Bouie 100 meters out before a great white came by" I replied looking at my hands. "Did you get a good look at him?" Danny asks, "Pass me a pencil and paper." I reply as Steve opens drawers finding paper and a pencil, after a few seconds he hands both to me. 

I start sketching the face and what he was wearing. the sketch only takes me 30 minutes to draw and detail and it's not bad for the short amount of time. I hand the paper to Steve who freezes"Your sure?" he asks and I nod, "Wait your father is Wo Fat?" Danny asks. "How do you know him?" I ask looking at Steve, "This man ordered my father's death" he says as his jaw hardens. "I'm sorry." I reply, "Lynn I want you to listen closely to me, you are not responsible for the actions of your father. You're responsible for your own actions, don't apologize for what your father did." he says as I make eye contact with him. 

I nod in understanding, "Why didn't you tell me?" Steve asks. "I'm sorry" I reply, I'm pulled into a hug. "Your an idiot sometimes Lynn, but I love you so much. You'll always be my annoying little sister," he says before letting me go. I sit there staring at the back of Steve's desk, "How cruel is he?" I ask after a few minutes of silence. "Who Wo Fat?"Steve asks, I nod not looking at him. "He's a sociopath without feelings, he can't manage the concept of love and gets bored easily," he says. "Why?" Danny asks, "Because he made her suffer and bragged about it." I reply. "Made who suffer?" Steve asks as I look up at him locking eyes with him. "My mother," I reply releasing a shaky breath only wearing my bikini and a spare shirt Steve left in Danny's car to throw over myself. "I can drive you home tonight, If you'd like" Steve offers. 

Every part of me wants to lock myself in my room for a week straight. My dad is a sociopath but not just any sociopath but a world known terrorist and the murderer of Steve's father. "C'mon," Steve says softly in front of me now helping me up. I head outside as my brain begins to list all the things Wo Fat could've done to her before he killed her or how did he kill her? Why try and kill me? I climb into Steve's truck as my mind continues to wonder. 

"What's going on in that head of yours?" Steve asks causing me to look over at him before looking out the window. "Don't worry I won't make you suffer as much as your mother did. Those were Wo Fat's words to me before-" I pause looking back at Steve, "What did she have to endure before she died?" I finally ask aloud. 

Steve's eye's focus on the road as we pull onto his street, "We'll look into it Lynn, and when we find anything you'll be the first I tell okay?" Steve asks and I nod as we pull into the driveway and Steve kill the engine and pulling the keys out of the ignition. 

We both climb out of the truck and head into the house, "Lynn" Steve says catching my attention. We stop halfway up the path to the front door as I look at him. "This doesn't change anything, Your parents love you, Danny still loves and I- I care about you Lynn," he says looking down at me. I smile as a tear falls from my eyes, Steve wipes the tear away as he leans down closing the space between us. My eyes close as his lips touch mine making my heart rate increase. He breaks the kiss resting his forehead against mine as I look into his eyes knowing here and now that I'm so grateful to have Danny and Steve in my life. 

I Interlace my fingers with Steve as we walk up to the house, turning the handle the door swings open. Yes, Steve has an alarm he just doesn't use one not that he needs one. The familiar smell of Steve's house comforting me. "Why don't you go hop in the shower, I'll make some Green tea and meet you in bed okay?" he says more as a statement rather than a question. I nod as he places a kiss on my forehead before disappearing into the kitchen as I head into the bathroom to take a much-needed shower.  

After 10 minutes I turn the shower off wrapping my body and hair in two towels. I throw un a pair of underwear and one of Steve's t-shirts as I walk out of the bathroom and upstairs where Steve is laying in bed. "How are you feeling?" he asks as I walk in, I shrug before climbing under blankets. His arms wrap around me pulling me into his hold as he places kisses on my neck. "Please don't feel like you can't come to me when things are bothering you. I wanna be there for you, please let me" he says softly. "I know, it's just reminding myself that." I reply.