Chapter 17

I stand in the mirror looking over my appearance, I'm in a skintight scarlet red cocktail dress that ends mid-thigh, black stiletto heels my hair loosely curled. My makeup is a dark smokey eye look and red lipstick. Grabbing my black handbag I grab my keys heading towards the door. I climb into my new matte black Lamborghini. The car roars to life after putting the key in the ignition.  I back out of the garage heading down the driveway as Danny's silver camero is coming up the driveway. 

I slow down putting my window down to come face to face with Steve and my brother. Both their eyes go wide when they see me, "Ms Kloss nice to see you again." Danny says with a smirk. "You look stunning," Steve says. "Thanks, took me 3 hours to get ready." I reply, "Where are you off to?" Steve asks trying to read me. "Karlie got roped into going to the VMAs so I have to follow through with her promise or she'll lose it." I reply. "Celebrity drama fun" Steve replies smirking, "I thought you were done with the whole modelling scene, saying something about a promise," Danny asks. 

I pause putting the car in park and killing the engine, staring at the wheel. I let out a deep breath, "My mother lived and breathed modelling and a part of me feels like I have to do this for her." I replied not looking at them. A door opens and closes and Steve is next to me leaning in the window. "Lynn look at me," he says causing me to lift my head looking into his hazel-blue eyes. "You don't owe anybody anything. You modelling isn't going to bring her back or change the past." He says softly. "Stop blaming yourself for the actions of your father, he did this not you. You don't get to carry the weight of this because it's not yours to carry," he adds causing me to look down as a tear falls from my eyes. 

With his thumb, he softly wipes my tear away before opening the car door. "Fancy car, is this for the award show?" Steve asks. I nod giving a small smile, "Yeah I got this beauty and all my cars shipped over here from California when I moved." I reply. "Cars?" he asks crossing his arms, "Why am I only now finding out about your car collection?" he asks. I fix my hair flashing Steve a smirk, "Because you never asked. I do have to head out if I wanna make the red carpet." I tell them. 

Danny climbs out of the car walking over to me with my old phone. "Who's Chris?" Danny asks, causing my smile to drop instantly and cause me to look at him in shock for a second before letting out a sigh and climbing out of the car leaning against it now. I can feel Steve's eye's travelling down my body, "Nobody." I lie. "Lynn, who is Chris. Keeping in mind I have your phone," Danny says shaking it in front of me. "Can I?" I ask holding out my hand for the phone. He hesitates but hands it to me, I unlock the phone going to my camera roll and going back five years ago. Finding the pictures of our first date to a carnival in California. I look away I can't even look at his face, Danny takes the picture as he scrolls through the photos. "Chris is my ex-boyfriend," I reply looking at Steve. 

"I don't remember you mentioning that you were dating a Chris let alone Chris Brown," Danny says. "Wait like the rapper, really?" he asks looking at me clearly judging. "If you're both done interrogating me about my previous relationships I gotta go," I reply as I climb into the car starting it. "Lynn we're not done talking to you." Steve says, "Are you talking to me as a cop or my friend?" I reply. "As a friend." he replies, "Than I have nothing more to say," I reply as I roll my window up and drive away heading to the VMA's which is being held in Hawaii this year surprisingly. Taylor asked me to go with her a little over a week ago and I feel bad I haven't been around the girls a lot.  

After 5 minutes I pull up to the red carpet lights flashing as I get out of the car handing the keys to the shofar. I walk onto the carpet throwing on a smile for all the cameras and fans.  It takes me less than five minutes to find Taylor whose standing with Ruby Rose both in stunning short cocktail dresses as well. Taylor and Ruby smile when they see me pulling me into a hug, we pose for photos acting like goofs in some of the photo's. 

A sleek black car pulls up to the carpet and out climbs Chris and Drake causing my smile to fade. "Let's head inside," Taylor says noticing Chris' arrival too. Taylor knows that Chris and I didn't end things on a good note and that a restraining order had been ordered by the LA police department. 

I nod in response as we head inside to our seats, "So what have you been up to?" Ruby asks looking at me. "Not much been working on choreography mostly." I reply, "We heard about you not renewing your contract and we wanted to make sure you were okay." Taylor says. I give the girls a small smile, "Guys I stopped modelling because it's what I wanted to do. I assure you I'm okay." I tell them as the show begins. 

Taylor left to perform leaving me with Ruby Rose and next to Niall Horan. The performances were all amazing, Niall Horan, Taylor swift, Nicki Manaj and the chainsmokers performed before the awards were given out. As the night carries on my mind forget's about Chris and all the negative things going on in my life. "So the award for Top music video goes to" Miley Cyrus pauses trying to build tension. "Bad Blood" she reads as Taylor stands up pulling Ruby and I towards the stage. 

My heart races as we walk down the path towards the stage passing ever A-list person you could think of in the industry. Suddenly I'm on the floor and my face stings, looking up just as Chris as he sends another right hook to my face. I kick his legs out from under his as I scramble to my feet. Chris grabs my ankle pulling me back onto the ground, I catch myself before I can smash my head on a nearby seat. Chris climbs on to of me sending right hook after right hook as I struggle to get out from under him. He's twice my weight and the fact I can't defend myself makes me angrier. 

I cry out in pain as Chris is pulled off of me, I pull myself off the ground as Chris is dragged out my security along with me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Chapters today because it's still Thursday and I had the time to write more. 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote!

-Muskokagirl204