Loving The Enemy

As the rain pours on I hug my thin purple jacket more snugly to my body hoping to obtain more heat. As my schools front doors come into sight I mumble a silent thank you.  Walking in the rain for quite a distance isn't pleasurable at all. I live in Seattle Washington. Saddly right now by myself as my brother Steven is away on his third tour. He is a sniper. Great shot, exceptional really. I have seen it for myself. As I swing the door open wide I make my way through the bustling halls. I am half soaked. My hair quite damp and my clothing as well. I can feel the strange glances on me.   Lets just say I am not really much of anyone's favorite here. Everyone knows me though. Not anything particularly good though. I am the girl in school who can convince even the most loyal boyfriend to cheat and spend the night with me. The girls hate me rightfully so and the men love me wrongfully so.  

          Growing up in my life wasn't an easy task. The reason I was down here wasn't because the school was better or I was going to any special school. The reason I was down here was because my father couldn't have me around. The risk of me spilling our little secret was to risky. All growing up I was raped by my father and step brother. My mother was to well invested in drinking and her career. He simply moved me clear from my home in Arizona all the way across the country to Washington. To which he still makes visits but not as often. He rarely touches me. Its more my step brother.  My father cheated on my mother and well a child came out of it. That was seven years earlier than me.  Same age as my brother. I am 17.

I walk bravely into the school with my head up and I walk with dignity. Making sure no one can see how broken I am.

My name is Sophie Andrews.

.................................................................................................................

I don't have any friends at school. Just the guys come up and make formal requests. I am not respected I go unnoticed. I know that's what I deserve for what I do. Other than sleeping around a lot I go unnoticed. Until my service is requested.

First class

Second class

Third class

Fourth class

Finally school is over. I leave math class and start to walk down the hall and out. I start  to head home. My homework packed  securely in my backpack.  My body aches and I feel like its writhing in pain. Last night my step brother made a visit. Running never helps. Just earns you getting the blade. My step brother loves using knives, and his fists. I have lost so much blood at his hands. 

    As I come out the sun is shinning. Finally! I mean yes there were still dark clouds and it would probably start raining again, but I would still have enough time to get back to my little apartment in the downtown area. 

" Kiddo!!!!"

A smile instantly forms on my face. I would know that voice from anywhere! My brother Steven has come to pick me up.

" Steven oh my gosh your home."I turn around and see that his truck is pulling up next to me.  He has been gone for six months. I walk over to the passenger door of his red ford 1967 pick up truck.

 Then I notice someone else because he gets out to let me in. He is tall dark and handsome. Baby blue eyes and a strong jaw. Dark almost black hair. Then I notice the dog tags around his neck. Its one of Stevens friends. Which whenever Steven brings a army friend home it means he is leaving sooner than I would like.

"Thanks. " I say as I lift my self into my brothers truck. All he does his nod not even changing his stern facial expression.

" Sophie this is Jasper. My closest friend in my unit. Later Sophie before I forget we have some very important things to talk about."

" OK. I didn't know you would be home so soon. I am happy though." I lean my head on his shoulder and snuggle into him.

I always felt bad at how my brother was so in the dark. He knew our family wasn't in any good places. He just didn't know any of our dark secrets. Steven was my night in shinning armor so I couldn't have him knowing how corrupted his father was. 

" yeah I got home early this morning and wanted to see you. So here I am." He smiles and gives me a quick kiss on my for head. I shiver. The contact from any man is hard to endure. I still smile.

He is my safety.

After a silent ride back to my apartment we all pile in.

" I will be right back. " I decide to go get changed and start to walk away

" Oh can I use your restroom. " I stop dead in my tracks. He has a sexy voice. I turn to see jasper.

" Yep its right down this hallway." I point in the way I am headed. I turn around and go back to my room.

I get to my room and close the door. I am gonna change into my sweats and my long sleeve hoodie.

" Shit!!!" Thats when I remember what happened in my bathroom last night. As I said I wasn't expecting any company so this morning I didn't clean out my bloody  sink. After cleaning off my skin from the big cut I was given last night I was just to exhausted to clean up. My step brother had a way of marking me. He always marked me. He called them his love marks.  He always told me he loved me and that's why he did what he did. What I was surprised to see was that it was all clean and shiny.

I am surprised though. They are in the kitchen cooking up some kind of food. Few he hasn't told. Now I need to make sure he doesn't.

" Steven seriously you need to give up on trying to cook. Plus I want a kitchen by the end of the night."

" What you love my cooking. I am a great cook." He looks at me with a grin plastered on his mouth.

" Hey man keep this safe from her while I run to the store to get some beer."

" OK sounds good." Jasper said sounding bored

Steven grabs his keys and walks to his car and driving away.

" So you aren't gonna let me throw this away will you." I try to stay away from the subject.

" Sorry but I can't let you do that. He is a horrible cook but I am starving. "

" How about I cook."

I step over and take the pot of burnt noodles from the oven and place it in the sink. I then go over to the fridge and pull out some eggs and everything for a awesome omelet.

" So about all the blood. That wasn't a bloody nose." I freeze at his words and then I drop the eggs I am holding.

" Shit sorry."

" No its fine let me help." He bends down and starts to clean it up. The slime just dripping everywhere. Finally we get it all cleaned.

" So um whats with all the blood then.." I can feel a scratchy feeling in my throat as I don't want him guessing anything of the truth. 

" you didn't half to clean it up. I am. Sorry you had to see that. I wasn't expecting anyone."

" You don't self harm do you. No that's not it at all." He walks over to me slowly and intimidatingly. I gulp down a lump in my throat my heart picks up speed and is pounding hard in my petite chest. I am really small and unfortunately he is really tall. I match his every step with a step backwards. Until I hit the counter. He soon approaches me. So close I am pinned to my place. He takes a hand and slowly lifts up my shirt. Revealing the many hidden scars. " Thats gonna need some cleaning up and care." I gasp. He puts my shirt back down and steps back. Just then Stevens voice my lovely brother comes in with about six bags of grocery's. I look back to jasper.

His eyes are focused on me. I gulp and then we both go on as if nothing happened.