Chapter 12 - Restart

After I came back home, the whole family celebrated for my recovery. I have been stuck in a hospital room for seven months and it's so great that I'm finally out of there.

After our bonding, we went to the. living room to go to our traditional family conversations.

"Miko-san, school is coming up. Are you ready to start a new beginning?" Mom said, holding my hand. I smiled at her and nodded.

"Yup! And I am excited with meeting new friends!"

She and dad chuckled and rustled my hair.

"Make us proud this school year, okay?"

I only nodded and started to listen to my siblings as they share their day to us.

Later that day, mom and dad has to leave for work again. But they will come back to celebrate mother's birthday later this year. Though it's kinda hard us, the younger siblings, to go along without our parents, but we never feel lonely because our older brothers are our parental figures.

________________________________________________________________________________

The next day...

I woke up early to help Kyo-nii and Ema with breakfast. When I arrived, Ukyo-nii and Ema are still brainstorming on what they will make for today.

"Ohayo, Kyo-nii, Ema-chan!"

Kyo-nii was the first one who noticed me and smiled. "Good morning Miko-san, you're up early. Classes will still start tomorrow, though. I'm saying that just incase you forgot."

"Ah, I just chose to wake up early because I want to help you two in preparing breakfast." I walked towards the counter and took a whisk and bowl. "I'll make pancakes, if you want to, Kyo-nii."

Kyo-nii nodded and crosses his arms. "Alright, Miko-san. You'll make the breakfast for today! Great, our first breakfast meal that is made by you."

Ema stood beside me and smiled. "I'm glad that you're accompanying us today, sis! But you told me that you're not good at cooking?"

I snickered while sifting flour to the bowl. "I'm not good at cooking meals but good at cooking sweets. Those are different things."

Ema watched me as I smoothly whisk the batter. Afterwards, she left me when Ukyo called her. I just silently whisk them before moving on to the stove.

"Kyo-nii? Is there a pancake molder?" I looked around the shelf finding nothing.

Kyo-nii stopped with his work and went to me. He opened a cabinet and put out five molders with the same size. He gave it to me in a gentle manner. "There."

"Thank you, Kyo-nii!" I slightly bowed to him and continued with what I am doing.

Kyo-nii is making milkshake while Ema slices some fruits and whipped some cream for me to top it later on...
________________________________________________________________________________