Chapter 14 - New Friends

I quietly listen to Saeko-sensei while she talks infront of me. My classmates often looks at me but if I caught them staring, they would quickly turn away.

Anyways, it turns out that regular classes will start next week and I will just have to spend this week making friends and joining clubs.

After a few minutes, Saeko-sensei left the room and my classmates starts to talk to each other. Iori-nii turned his seat around and started to talk to me.

"How are you so far, Miko-san?"

"Hm? I'm still quite uncomfortable, onii-chan, maybe because I'm still adjusting here."

"You'll get used here Miko-san, I promise you that."

Suddenly, a group of four approached me.

"Oh, pres! Wanna talk my sister?"

The girl with glasses nods while adjusting the frame of her glasses. "We want to be friends with her, Iori-kun. If it's okay..."

Iori-nii stood up and offered his seat to her. "Sure sure, go ahead! Miko-san, they're nice people so there's no need to be anxious around them. If you're looking for me, I'll just be with my group." He points towards a group of boys sitting near the window. I watched him leave me that I didn't noticed that the group of girls already seated down around my desk.

"Hello, Asahina-san! I'm Hitomi Aoi, the class president of this class room. Nice meeting you!"

The others followed her.

"I'm Yoshino Rie." (Pronounced as Ri-Ye 😂)

"Hotaru Tamaki."

"Watanabe Shiro."

I smiled at them before speaking back "Hello everyone, nice to meet you too! I hope that we could be good friends."

"Since you're new, we are glad to assist you here, since we're three of the class representatives and Watanabe-san is a member of the student council. Jiro-sensei approached me earlier to bring your documents to Saeko-sensei and I could see that even though you were an athlete, you are still very conscious with your education. You have a very high score on your first and last evaluation. So kudos to that." Hitomi-san continues to speak while I only nodded.

"You already heard from Saeko-sensei that we will spend this week making friends and joining clubs. So, do you have any interests, Asahina-san?" Yoshino-san drags her chair closer to my table but I couldn't do anything but to lean back because I still feel uncomfortable around them. I mean, it's nice that they're approaching me to make me feel welcome in this school. But I'm not used to it. I only have a few friends back in my old school because since I have a high reputation there, the other students treat me like I'm some king.

"I...uh, I am kinda interested with m-music... is there a music club here?" I try to not make it look like I'm uncomfortable around them. Luckily, I don't think they noticed. Since the four of them happily nodded.

"There is! I think that they will initiate interviews and auditions tomorrow. If you can play an instrument or can sing, then they will automatically let you in. And oh yeah! Here's a map of the campus. This will help you navigate the school." Watanabe-san handed me a paper and I thanked her. Afterwards, the five of us started to talk about each other. I guess they noticed my mood and are trying to make me feel comfortable.

I started to feel comfort around them. I guess it's because of their efforts of getting to know me. I calmed down and started to talk to them more since I barely talked to them. I let them call me by my first name and they did the same.

"Why are the other students reacting when I came here? Am I really that of a big deal?" I asked them while tilting my head. The four of them giggles.