Special Chapter 2 - University

I woke up with the ringing of my alarm clock. Tired, I quickly grabbed it and turned off the alarm.

I hopped out from my bed and did some stretching. I did promise Yuu-kun that I will make them my special pancakes today. I checked the time and it's still five in the morning, I guess the others are still asleep considering the fact that it's a Sunday.

I headed towards the kitchen and saw Kyo-nii who has trouble tying his apron. He quickly noticed me and smiled.

"Ah, Miko-san, good morning!"

I took the strings of his apron and tied it up. He smiled at my actions.

"Thank you so much with that, Mikoto. By the way, Yuusuke said to us that you'll be the one who will make breakfast today. Are you fine with it?"

I nodded.

"Of course Kyo-nii! Besides, during my first year in Kyoto University, I was assigned to cook for the whole girl's dorm along with some students from the higher years, so I know how you feel, onii-chan. And I'm now used in cooking for a large crowd."

Kyo-nii smiles and gave me a cooking pan.

"Alright, but still, I'll help you. I want to learn your recipe."

I took the pan and started to gather the ingredients. Just the usual; flour, some eggs, sugar and the like.

I started to teach my older brother my pancake recipe. Actually, this recipe was from my foster mother and she passed it to me when I turned thirteen. Those were the good times. I'm glad because I was able to keep this recipe alive, and lowkey keeping the memories with her alive.

"You wait for three seconds before you flip. And when you flip, you should exert a lot of effort on your wrists so that it will be a perfect flip." I picked up the pan and flipped the pancake, and the landing was perfect. Kyo-nii gave me and applause.

"Amazing! So what makes your pancake better that others?"

I laughed before picking up an ingredient.

"Most pancake batter only consist of flour, baking soda, sugar, eggs and a pinch of salt. But mine, well I added condensed milk and honey on the batter, that makes it good. Even though condensed milk plus honey is constant diabetes, when cooked, the sweetness fades a little. Thus, tada! The just right pancake!"

I placed the pancake on an empty plate and handed it over to Kyo-nii.

"You can eat it with cream, if you want to. But you'll need to wait."

Kyo-nii smiles and took a whisk from the drawer.

"I can help you, you know, just tell me what to do while you cook."

"Alright, onii-chan."

_______________________________________________________________________________

"And that's the last of it!"

Me and Ukyo-nii did a high five after I placed a cherry on top of the whipped cream. It's the last pancake that me need to design. I'm so happy because I was able to bond with Kyo-nii today.

"Ohayo, Kyo-nii, Miko-san!"

We turned to our backs and saw Yuusuke sitting down on his place.

"Gimme my pancakes, now!"

I chuckled and gave him a plate and a fork. He immediately yelled "Itadakimasu!" before taking a slice.

"We miss your pancakes, that's why we're so excited on tasting them again." Kyo-nii laughs before sitting down on his place. I sat next to Yuusuke.