(Finale) Chapter 20 - Timeless

Time Skip ~

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you ~
Happy Birthday dear siblings~
Happy Birthday to you~"

Me and Yuusuke both blew out our candles. Today is our 18th birthday and we are here celebrating together with our family.

Mother wanted to throw me a grand party but I refused, saying that what I wanted is only to spend time with them. So instead of a party inside a ballroom and such, we only celebrated it inside the residence.

"Yuusuke-kun, Miko-san, smile!"

Ema called our attention and we posed for a picture. Ema volunteered to be the official photographer for this event. I am quite glad because she was willing for this role despite her busy schedule.

"Everyone, listen up! It's time for the highlight for this event!" Mother stood up clapping her hands. We all looked at her, waiting for her announcement.

"Today is the first time Miko-san celebrated her birthday with us~"

I recalled celebrating my 17th birthday with only a few number of my siblings inside the hospital room. Good times...

"And since today is her debutante, let's give her a gift! I hope that your gifts will give a sentimental value to her~"

"I'm first!" Wataru suddenly ran towards me and gave me a small, flat box. "Happy Birthday Onee-chan! I wasn't there during your 17th because I was very busy with school... but no worries! I hope that you will love my gift, onee-san!"

I smiled at him and opened the box he gave to me. I was amazed with what's inside.

It's a drawing of me performing with Fuuto during the spring festival a few weeks back. Though it might not be like a professional's artwork, I still appreciate my little brother's effort on doing this.

"I love it, Taru-kun. I'll laminate this and put it in a frame later!" My words made Wataru smile very widely and gave me a hug.

"I'm so happy you love it, onee-chan!"

I hugged back and watched him go back to his seat.

"If we're starting from the youngest, then I'm next." Fuuto stood up from his seat and walked towards me, handing me a medium sized box.

"Happy Birthday, Miko-nee. I'm really glad because of you, me and Yuusuke-nii are now in good terms!" He looked at Yuusuke and gave each other a thumbs up. "Your performance in your music club gave me a hint that you want to become an idol like me. So I'm giving you something that you will use in the future. Go ahead, open it~"

I quickly untied the ribbon and opened the box. Revealing a microphone with the name "Asakura Miko" printed on its side.

"Now, if you really have plans on becoming an idol like me, then... I dare you to share the same stage last name as mine!"

Yuusuke suddenly stood up and started to yell at Fuuto. "Hey! You can't just tell her what to do-" And of couse, he got cut off by me.

"Asakura Miko? Hm, I love it! But I don't have plans of becoming one. But if I do, I'll gladly take your dare!" My statement made Yuusuke sigh and sit down while Fuuto gave me a wide smile. Even though Fuuto already said that he and my twin are already in good terms, they are still fighting but not that often now.

"Well then, sis, it's my turn now-" Again, Yuusuke got cut off by Ema.

"You're her twin. You should be the last one to give her a gift, Yuusuke-kun!" Ema's actions made Yuusuke sigh in defeat. He has been cut off twice already, this fact made me laugh a little. "Anyways, happy birthday Miko-san! I'm really glad because you came here. I almost thought that I'll be the only female in this household. Thank you so much for being my sister and best friend. I hope you like this gift, it's not that much, but I hope you'll treasure it!" She handed me a pink gift bag. I immediately opened it, inside is a purple knee-length dress. I quickly hugged Ema upon seeing it.