Special Chapter 9 - Everything Will Be Okay || Kidnapper Case (Part 2)

As soon as we arrived at Natsume-nii's apartment, I and Yuusuke were quickly pulled in by our big brother. Afterward, he locked his door before exhaling. He looks like he's hiding from someone and it's making me feel suspicious around him.

"Sorry for this, guys, I have to make sure that no one can hear us." Natsume-nii sighs before hurriedly walking towards the sofa. Makes sense, the kidnapper called him anyway, he might be anyone else.

I and my twin followed our older brother and sat down on the couch in front of him. We waited for him to speak up. I feel pity for Natsume-nii because I could feel the pressure building up around him.

"Okay, I'll start..."

Natsume-nii started to explain what has been happening to him earlier this afternoon. How a random man suddenly called him and asked for ransom. He also heard Wataru crying for help so if that happened to me earlier... Damn, I'd be going nuts right now turning the whole city upside-down just to find my missing brother.

"Do you have enemies in your workplace, onii-chan?" There's a possibility that the kidnapper is someone who knows Natsume-nii because of the kidnapper calling him and only him. The kidnapper would've called Ukyo-nii or Masaomi-nii since those two have more complex careers than Natsume but no, the kidnapper only called my game developer of an older brother. Not saying that game developing is not a hard job or anything but a Doctor and a Lawyer can make more enemies.

"I think none... I am friendly with my colleagues and competitions rarely occur. We are all a team there so we all need to stand up for one another." He suddenly handed me an enclosed envelope and sighed once again. "This... is where the instructions are written. I haven't opened it and I want you to be the one who'll read it."

"I shouldn't touch it yet, onii-chan. I should send it to the forensic laboratory to have it checked with fingerprints and other things such as saliva and hair. It will help us identify who the kidnapper is. And besides, the number who called you, onii-chan, you should give it to me so that I'll send it to my friend back in Kyoto. He is good at tracking down unknown phone numbers and I relied on him a lot during my first three cases." Wow, I talk a lot nowadays. Natsume-nii only nodded before giving me the envelope by using a pen. I used my handkerchief to bring it closer to me, I shouldn't leave fingerprints and I guess Natsume-nii already left a few there, but that doesn't matter, I'll just inform Mr. Forensics Officer about my brother's fingerprints.

"Still, there should be one of your colleagues who hates you, I mean, you should know how insecure people move," Yuusuke speaks up, looking disgusted at the envelope. I know Yuusuke, he always wants to help those in need. His strong sense of justice is what I like about my twin. He may not know what to do but he still tries his best to give justice to the things around him. Natsume only sighs and shakes his head.

Right now, the life of our sweet youngest brother is on the line so we need to act fast. I need to think of a plan before making a move because I might be the reason why my brother gets exposed to more danger. Think Mikoto, think!

"Natsume-nii, it's getting dark... I promised Masaomi-nii to come home with Wataru but it seems that I'll break my promise. I don't like breaking promises so can we stay here for the night? We'll leave early tomorrow to go to the police station and meet with Officer Kuro for the forensic analysis and we'll come up with a plan. The kidnapper said 48 hours, right? Meet up date would be two days from now... but I'll send the number to my friend as soon as possible!"

Our older brother muttered the word "sure" before giving out a small smile. I know that it's hard to smile in our current situation but I guess it is so that we'll attract positive energy, meaning with it, we will be certain to bring back Wataru safe. And besides, there would be a tendency that Natsume-nii would be the next one in danger, and it would not be that bad keeping him company.