Special Chapter 4 - The First Case || The Yandere Case (Part 1)

"Mikoto, would you please pass the coffee maker? Today is my little girl's fifth birthday and I didn't slept well last night because I couldn't help but to do the planning."

I am currently with Officer Kuro here at our office-slash-club room. I have the whole morning vacant so I won't be able to see Elise and her boyfriend. That's nice, no awkwardness today!

"Gee, sensei, are you inviting me? Can I come?" I say before passing the coffee maker and gave him a pack of black coffee.

"Of course Miko-san! Because of you, I was able to go back here! You know, I've been away from my wife and daughter for almost three years because I was assigned in Kyoto."

"And why didn't they join you there?"

My superior poured some water on the coffee maker and put spoons full of black coffee powder before speaking again.

"My sweet Sonata got a job here and couldn't relocate. I am lucky because we would take turns visiting each other."

I nodded and didn't speak back. I know that Officer Kuro lacks some sleep, so maybe telling him to rest will help him a little.

"Sensei, nothing happened yet, so just rest, okay?"

"Nah, we officers need to be in full alert. Yes, nothing happened yet but we cannot assure that nothing will happen in the future. It's our obligation to be there when people needs us. And besides, if something really happens and I'm just here sleeping, who will guide you? If something happens to you, half of the responsibility falls on me because I'm your superior and aside from that, we've been working together for a year so I would be so concerned. And also, you are Masaomi-kun's younger sister so he would really kill me if something bad happens to you."

I let out a chuckle with what my superior said.

"Oh well, if you insist. Enjoy your coffee!"

I took my phone and started to play an online game. I have no assignments nor paperwork to do so I will do this to kill time.

Suddenly...

*bang*

The office door flew open. There, a nerdy-looking guy stands in front of us, panting. Officer Kuro stood up and approached the kid.

"Name, department and year you're in."

"I'm Kenta Masamune from the Culinary Department, Second Year. I was being sent here by Professor Nakamoto. They need you at the men's washroom on the third floor."

Officer Kuro turns to me and nodded. I stood up from my seat and went outside with Kenta and my superior.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Nakamoto-sensei! They're here."

When we arrived at the washroom, there is a large crowd. Most of them are students from the Culinary Department.

"I can't believe Yashiro committed suicide!"

"What? This is really unbelievable! We were just talking about the test yesterday!"

"He was fine yesterday. I can't believe he has the guts to do such a thing!"

"Everyone! Move aside, Junior Investigator Asahina and Officer Yoshimura are here."

As soon as the students saw us, they quickly went to the side and took a bow before leaving the scene. I assume that these students are going back to their classes.

We went inside the washroom and I gasped as soon as I saw...

A culinary student hanging in one of the stalls!