Chapter 19 - Jealousy

After singing our last song, we thanked the audience for being with us and ran to the backstage.

"Great job on your performance, Miko-san."

I turned around seeing a familiar face walking towards me. It's him! It can't be him! Itsuki told me before that he ran away and never came back! Why is he here?

"K-Katsuki..."

He smiled and gave me a thumbs up. I wonder what he sees in me now. I haven't seen him for a year now... so I feel uncomfortable around him. Especially the fact that he yelled at me when we last saw each other.

"Nice to see you walking again, Miko-san. How are you?" He placed his hand on my shoulder which startled me a bit.

"I-I'm fine, Katsuki. So, you're b-back?"

Suddenly, he hugged me. I was so surprised with his actions that I couldn't move.

"Miko-san... I miss you... I-I'm sorry for my actions before... I am just like you! You know? We both want to have trophies... we both want to hear the word 'champions'. We both want to be part of the national team in the future. I-I just got really surprised hearing that you will quit. I didn't consider your feelings. I'm sorry, Mikoto..."

"K-Katsuki... b-but I'm not the sane as before anymore... Katsuki, I forgive you, can you let me go-"

"Hey, what are you doing?" Someone suddenly pulled Katsuki away and stood infront of me.

"Itsuki?"

Itsuki only looked at me and smiled before turning to his older brother.

"You can't just face Miko like this after what you and your girlfriend did to her!"

With Itsuki's words, Katsuki stepped back, looking shocked.

"Itsu-kun...h-how?"

Itsuki only shrugged, grabbed my hand and pulled me away from Katsuki.

"Hey, Itsuki, where are you taking me?"

He was only silent. But then I heard Miyuki-san call my name so I have to tell him to let go of me.

"Itsuki... my friend is calling me, can you let go?"

Itsuki obediently put my hand down and stopped walking.

"I must've hurt you, Miko-san. I'm sorry. But please... stay away from Katsuki for a while... please..."

He looks down and I could feel the concern in him. I placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled.

"I understand that you only wanted me to stay away from getting hurt. Thank you, Itsuki. Don't you worry, I'll stay away from him..."

"You really know me that well, huh?" Itsuki looks up and gives me slight grin.

"Well, we're best buds after all!" His grin seems to fade and let out a sigh.

"Yeah, you could say that... Go now, your friend is searching for you..." I smiled at him before turning around and ran towards Miyuki. I have a feeling that I said something that hurt Itsuki because of his sudden mood change. But I let it slide when Miyuki suddenly grabbed my hand and dragged me towardd the group.

I just hope that Itsuki is okay...

________________________________________________________________________________

Itsuki

I watch her go and disappear from my sight. She had changed over the months, she became more feminine now... for me, it's weird seeing her like that.