Chapter 3: Scarborough Fair

Author's note: Kind of a short chapter but I wanted the next piece to be it's own thing. :P

"Shu-san, have you eaten today? Come have lunch with us!"

"No," I said flatly before I left to go hide somewhere for the rest of the period. Noisy women irritate me.

Maybe there's no one in that music room right now. I headed down the hall towards the direction of the music room. I reached out my hand to slide the door when suddenly it opened.

There stood the girl from before. She seemed startled. I blinked and backed up so she could get past. She scurried past me and disappeared behind the corner.

So, she is a music student...She must play an instrument or something.

The room was empty now. Feeling motivated, I moved over to grab the violin in the corner.

What kind of song was I in the mood to play?

I'm thinking Scarborough fair.

I raised my bow to the strings and with precision and delicacy began to play the opening bars of Scarborough fair.

The sound was soothing and almost therapeutic. Such a mesmerizing melody. I was so completely lost in the music that I didn't realize the door had slid open.

And there that girl stood, her eyes wide.

I smirked as I put down the violin and joked, "Heh? You like what you're hearing?"

She nodded genuinely before walking in, shutting the door behind her while she sat down near the piano.

"Do you play?" I asked out of curiosity, since I had a feeling she wouldn't have been in here if she hadn't. She nodded and placed her hands on the keys and played the opening bars of Scarborough fair. She was incredibly good at it too.

"Wow," I voiced, "Not bad. How many years have you played?"

She made a face and kind of shrugged. I felt compelled to pry into her silence.

"So are you always this quiet?"

She made slightly irritated expression before she answer bluntly, "Talking doesn't necessarily get one's feeling across to another. People who talk a lot usually lie."

I laughed under my breath at her response before replying with, "You're not wrong. So why are you talking to me now?"

She inhaled a little and muttered, "I'm curious."

"Oh?" I grinned and moved near her, "Curious about what?"

She huffed and looked away before muttering really quietly, "You already know what."

Her docile and introverted personality compelled me to tease her relentlessly.

"No, I don't think I do. Tell me?" I snickered as she squirmed in her seat.

"I think I know your secret," she mustered out after several minutes of contemplating.

"And I witnessed one of yours. Show me your dirt, I'll show you mine," I prodded as I moved even closer to her. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I was having a little fun. I was close enough to her that I reached my open hand towards her neck.

"I-I'm leaving," she stood up abruptly before running out.

"W-Wai-" I barely managed to get another word out before the door slammed.

Guess I pushed her too hard. Oh well, maybe she'll learn that it's a good idea to stay away from me. I have been feeling rather thirsty lately.