Chapter 20: Invitation

Author's note: Hey guys, I don't know if anyone really cares much for this but I recently drew my own version of how I think Ren Shizumi looks. I'm no artist, that's for sure but I had it in my mind that she would have sharp eyes like Laito and a small yet curvy frame. I ended up pretty happy with the drawing even if it's amateur at best so as thanks for reading my story, I thought I'd share it with you. lol, I'm terrible at drawing hands so she's wearing mittens. 

No one's perspective

"And that's how you get the sentence, "I went to the park, but I didn't see you there." Next week we will..."

Yui Komori was diligently focusing on taking notes in class when the bell rang.

"Alright everyone, make sure you finish your writing assignments by Monday," the teacher directed, as everyone stood up to hurry home. As Yui put her things in her bag, she overhead some students talking near the class room exit.

"Hey look, isn't that a third year waiting outside? Wonder who she's waiting for."

"Yeah, I think I recognize her. Isn't she that music prodigy who went missing until recently?"

Yui curiously peeked around the corner to find Ren standing there, using her crutches to balance. Yui smiled and greeted her with, "Shizumi-san, how are you doing?"

"Yui," Ren muttered with a somewhat hesitant expression, "May I speak with you for a moment?"

Yui looked around to see if any of the brothers were looking for her, before turning back and nodding.

"Let's go to the courtyard," she suggested as the two made their way outside. Sitting down on a bench, Ren sighed and stared off distantly before saying, "Look, I'm not very good at communication boundaries and what not but can I ask you something kind of personal?"

"Sure," Yui trailed off, "Does it involve Shu?"

Ren looked perplexed before nodding gingerly, "What kind of feelings did you experience when Shu bit you in the past?"

Yui stared at her with a confused expression before commenting, "That's kind of a strange thing to ask."

Swallowing nervously, Ren explains with a sigh, "Honestly, I don't know much myself when it comes to understanding how I should feel when it comes to Shu. When he bites me, it's painful but it's started to feel somewhat...good. I don't know how to process that. It makes me feel like I can't breathe."

"Hmmm," Yui hums before smiling and suggesting, "It sounds to me like you've developed feelings for him."

"No way," Ren objected, "Shu told me himself the other day that he is only pursuing me physically and not to be conceited. I have no reason to have feelings for him if they're unrequited."

Yui stared at Ren blankly as if deep in thought before stating indignantly, "I think he's bad at lying."

"What?" Ren gasped, taken aback by Yui's sudden serious demeanor.