Chapter 23: Night Moves

Later that same night ~~~

"So what was in that letter you gave Reiji?" Ren asked abruptly as her and Shu were currently sitting downstairs at the dining table. Ren was absently munching on some snacks Shu had brought her earlier.

"You really wanna know?" Shu snickered, glancing at the time on his watch. It was well past midnight now and he still had a few places he wanted to show Ren.

"Yes, obviously," she stated obstinately, shoving another red bean bun in her mouth, "You keep looking at your watch too. Doesn't time move slower here? What are you so worried about?"

"Oh, about that," he started to say with a coy expression, "That was a lie. I was just trying to get you here without worrying about getting back."

"What?" Ren nearly spat out her food, much to Shu's disgust as he held back a cynical laugh.

"Reiji has definitely given them the letter by now," he murmured with a creeping grin before explaining, "Your parents will be under the impression that you've been granted a scholarship to a prestige music college abroad and that you were whisked out of the country briefly for an on the spot interview with the dean."

Ren stared at Shu silently, unsure of whether to be impressed or horrified at how uncannily calculated his actions appeared. Scratching her head nervously, she muttered half-jokingly, "Shu...are you telling me that I've been kidnapped?"

"Kidnapping makes it sound like a cop out over you admitting that you willingly fell head-first into a plot made by a vampire to have various escapades in the demon world," he said with narrowing eyes.

"You know, you saying that should probably make me super angry, but I'm still coming off the high of earlier so consider yourself lucky," Ren sighed exasperatedly, "So does that mean you pretty much planned all of this to happen?"

"Not exactly," he explained, "There were hopes that things would go well but I definitely didn't plan for you to get nearly attacked and I definitely didn't plan that you would seduce me all on your own. That surprised me, you know? I thought you were more shy than that."

Ren shook her head at his teasing tone, half covering her face while the embarrassment of her unusually forward behavior slowly came back to her. It was a strange and brief sensation, but surprisingly, now that it was over, none of it seemed to be as huge of a deal as some people make it. So they slept together...

They slept together.

Ren's innards suddenly churned as the thought really sunk in. So does this mean they're dating now? Does having sex mean they share the same feelings? Considering how casual they were about it now, it hadn't really crossed her mind that she had definitely missed something major. Neither of them have even uttered the words, "I love you."

Feeling a little uneasy bringing it up now, she pushed the thought to the back of her head before asking, "So what do we do now?"

"Are you worried now?" Shu smirked before scooting closer to Ren and leaning in before whispering, "Don't think about anything. Just leave everything to me."

"What do you mean by that?" Ren asked with complete seriousness, "This is all happening faster than I can comprehend. What are your intentions with me?"

He groaned in irritation before grunting out, "Shouldn't that be obvious? Don't make me have to say it out loud."

Ren remained silent and continued to stare vacantly at Shu until finally, he scratched his head in defeat and growled, "Ugh, I can't believe you're this dense. I asked you to stay with me, did I not? You agreed and even went as far as accompanying me to this place. Does that answer your question?"